Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Outlook-Google Sync
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Outlook-Google Sync
Outlook-Google Sync 4 Years, 9 Months ago  
Is it possible, to create a sync between an Outlook and a Google calendar?

Here is my example: I have an MS-Outlook calendar on my notebook, witch is synced with the MS-Exchange server at work, so my collages know when they can bother me.
I also have a Google Calendar, witch is shared with my friends, so they also now when not to bother me.

Creating events is OK, because I just check both Google and Outlook calendars, but it's a little bit inconvenient to manage any changes. I always has to remember where did I last modified and correct the other one. (If the google calendar is hidden in Reany then I need to make it visible first, or I won't see it in the calendars list) It's not so disturbing when I change thing's with rainy, but my mobile is synced with outlook to, and when something changes trough the phone, things can get really ugly. And of course I hides one of the calendars, because if I not, then I'll see every event twice, so before any edit at all, I need to check it back again.

Even a one-way sync would be great, so I don't need to edit on both places.
I'm thinking something like this: I create a Google calendar, and giving it a reference to my Outlook calendar. And whenever I write/delete/modify something in outlook, it will appear on the Google version as well. If this works vice-versa then it's just better then perfect.
Oh, and I don't need to see the second calendar in rainy, I only need to sync Outlook and Google.

P.S. There is a bug, in hiding the Google calendar. On every restart I need to hide it from the calendars menu again and again, it just won't stay hidden. (OP: Win7 x64)
Hegi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Computers are man's attempt at designing a cat: It does whatever it wants, whenever it wants, and rarely ever at the right time.

Re: Outlook-Google Sync 4 Years, 9 Months ago  
The calendars are kept separate in Rainlendar and currently there is no way to sync them automatically. This is something I might consider in the future but since it will require quite a lot of changes it's not likely to be implemented any time soon.
Rainy
graph

Re:Outlook-Google Sync 4 Years, 9 Months ago  
Mentor17
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/01/29 10:06 By Mentor17.

Re:Outlook-Google Sync 4 Years, 9 Months ago  
Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Hegi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Computers are man's attempt at designing a cat: It does whatever it wants, whenever it wants, and rarely ever at the right time.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop