Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Option to include all the small windows in one big
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Option to include all the small windows in one big
Option to include all the small windows in one big 4 Years, 9 Months ago  
I've been a Fluxbox user for a long time but recently I've discovered the tiling window managers such as xmonad. Those who know what is the design philosophy behind the tiling WMs certainly know why nice looking apps that blend into background don't play well with xmonad or awesome.

It would get easier if all three of the small windows (calendar, todo, events) would be gathered inside a container window. These tiling window managers can be configured to take care of these more easily.

Another possibility would be to make Rainlendar integrate into the background (that would render it a static picture, though).

I wouldn't like to depart my wonderful new environment with exciting production-boosting techniques because my loved calendar system won't settle in here.
progo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Option to include all the small windows in one big 4 Years, 9 Months ago  
The "sidebar" window in the Shadow4 skin contains the calendar, task and event lists inside one window. And at least the Virtum skin also uses a single window.
Rainy
graph

Re: Option to include all the small windows in one big 4 Years, 9 Months ago  
Wow, that pretty much sums up my needs.
I didn't consider the whole skin thing as a window handler --- and after all, there's no other way to do this, is there? This suffices perfectly.
progo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop