Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Only show the next one in a repeating event
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Only show the next one in a repeating event
Only show the next one in a repeating event 4 Years ago  
There are a number of repeating events where I only want/need to see the next one. i.e. I don't want my calender or events list cluttered up with multiple entries when it's only the next one I need to be aware of. Some examples would be a weekly TV show you've got a repeating entry for or a weekly meeting.

Would this be possible?
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Only show the next one in a repeating event 4 Years ago  
I'll have to think about it. I wonder if it would just cause confusion not to be able to see the events where the should be. Perhaps as an advanced setting but that would make it affect all repeating events...
Rainy
graph

Re: Only show the next one in a repeating event 4 Years ago  
I used to have this when I used a Psion Organiser and never found it to be confusing. Actually I found it amazingly useful and have missed it in every type of calendar I've used since.

It would need to work on each repeating item individually though - working on all at once wouldn't be of use. I see it as a check box in each event's 'Recurrence' options page labelled as something like: 'Only show next occurrence'

On the Psion, there was a field on the 'Set Repeat' options page called 'Show' that gave the user the choice between 'All occurrences' (the default) or 'Next only'
andygrunt
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop