Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Suggestions & Questions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Suggestions & Questions
Suggestions & Questions 4 Years, 3 Months ago  
First, I'd like to say I'm very new to using Rainlendar and I find it as a wonderful product. I originally used Desktop iCalendar (not compatible w/ Win 7 - stopped usin), and Rainlendar is by far one of the best desktop/icalendars I've come across.

I've downloaded the free version & Version 2.8 (b93) 64 bit, so far I haven't experienced any problems changing any settings or inputting tasks nor events. I've like the application so much, that I've made a work collegue of mine download it as well. Once I try to break your program I'll most likely upgrade to the Pro version (due to some of the business features).

Anyways ....
(default skin)

1 - Events: Is there a feature where you can change events title to something else of your liking, like Appointments?

2 - Events/Task/ToDos - once scheduled, the white font for the day changes to blue. When having multiple events/task, they blend in together making it complicated to tell them apart by glancing at the calendar. Is there a way, to change scheduled event day font's colour to another? That way Task appear as blue and events as something else? and if there is both scheduled for the day maybe make the colour half and half?

3 - Task/ToDos - When you mark as completed, it puts a whitish opacity block square over the task, then toggles it as Marked as needs action. The block is bulky and blah, there a way I can change the block to a red thin line and it automatically move down to the bottom of the list, as tasks get completed for the day?

4 - # wk of the year - resides at the beginning of each wk. Is there a way to hide that feature and/or (both) toggle it to appear on the right side of the calendar instead of the left? or even maybe to adjust those fonts smaller? (I could not find this in the configue section)

5 - Out of all the weather ugly gadgets I've seen, I was curious if you could implement one that is transparent like the actual default skin? and it show more than 1 location when hovered, that isn't isolated to just US, but International as well? I have a few clients in other countries and it would be great to know what their weather is for friendly chat purposes before business

6 - Possibly add an address book as well that can be shared across w/ the network feature?

Next is just questions I have that I could not find answers in the wiki nor FAQs...

1 - Network shared calendars: Our office PCs are networked together; however, we work from home 4 days a week and only telecommunite to the office 1 day a week. Me and another co-worker often exchange tasks and appointments because we both need to know who is going to be doing what and where, as well as the owner of the company's daily appointments/tasks, etc. Is there a way that her and I can network from two locations to exchange what is on each others calendar?

2 - New XML format skins & Old Rainlendar skins: When I go into Options & Skins there is only Chromophore and Shadow4, are these the only ones - the two titles gave the impression there are more than just 2 - Am I looking in the wrong section?

3 - Will the application communicate on an office network between multiple 32-bit & 64-bit machines?

Once again, I absolutely love this desktop calendar its great and has tons of potential

Regards,
Shok
shokra
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Suggestions & Questions 4 Years, 3 Months ago  
I'm not an expert with Rainlendar, but maybe this tip can help you...

shokra wrote:
1 - Events: Is there a feature where you can change events title to something else of your liking, like Appointments?
You mean change the "Events:" title, the title for each event or maybe sort by categories?

2 - Events/Task/ToDos - once scheduled, the white font for the day changes to blue. When having multiple events/task, they blend in together making it complicated to tell them apart by glancing at the calendar. Is there a way, to change scheduled event day font's colour to another? That way Task appear as blue and events as something else? and if there is both scheduled for the day maybe make the colour half and half?
On the way that the calendar works, the days can't have two colours, just only one. In the last beta you can change the font colour, or change the priority (to show a kind of event upon another). In previous one you need to edit a file.

3 - Task/ToDos - When you mark as completed, it puts a whitish opacity block square over the task, then toggles it as Marked as needs action. The block is bulky and blah, there a way I can change the block to a red thin line and it automatically move down to the bottom of the list, as tasks get completed for the day?
There is an option to remove the completed task from the list. Right Click on a task in the task window, then check "Hide completed tasks"

4 - # wk of the year - resides at the beginning of each wk. Is there a way to hide that feature and/or (both) toggle it to appear on the right side of the calendar instead of the left? or even maybe to adjust those fonts smaller? (I could not find this in the configue section)
As above, you can't change this font size. But you can remove it from Right Click -> Options -> Skins -> Shadow4 - Calendar (on the right size) -> Options... -> Show weeks numbers -> Change to 0

5 - Out of all the weather ugly gadgets I've seen, I was curious if you could implement one that is transparent like the actual default skin? and it show more than 1 location when hovered, that isn't isolated to just US, but International as well? I have a few clients in other countries and it would be great to know what their weather is for friendly chat purposes before business
Search in the forum for the Widgets addon. Install it. Then, Right Click -> Options -> Skins -> add from Shadow4 "Weather" (if you need more than one add severals) -> go to "Options..." to change the city (you need to change the URL).

6 - Possibly add an address book as well that can be shared across w/ the network feature?

Next is just questions I have that I could not find answers in the wiki nor FAQs...

1 - Network shared calendars: Our office PCs are networked together; however, we work from home 4 days a week and only telecommunite to the office 1 day a week. Me and another co-worker often exchange tasks and appointments because we both need to know who is going to be doing what and where, as well as the owner of the company's daily appointments/tasks, etc. Is there a way that her and I can network from two locations to exchange what is on each others calendar?

I don't know about this one... maybe sharing a Google Calendar?

2 - New XML format skins & Old Rainlendar skins: When I go into Options & Skins there is only Chromophore and Shadow4, are these the only ones - the two titles gave the impression there are more than just 2 - Am I looking in the wrong section?

You can search for more skins if you go to Download -> Skins in the title bar, just at the beginning of this page.

3 - Will the application communicate on an office network between multiple 32-bit & 64-bit machines?
Rainlendar works in 32b and in 64b... it that the question?

Once again, I absolutely love this desktop calendar its great and has tons of potential

Regards,
Shok
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re:Suggestions & Questions 4 Years, 3 Months ago  
Couple of additions:
- The grey block behind the completed tasks is the progress bar. If you set the task as 50% done it will fill half of the task. It is possible to remove it but you would have to edit the skin manually. You can also find different ways to sort the list from the context menu.
- It is possible to see and edit each other's when you use a Network Shared Calendar but you need to set up a server which can be accessed by all parties. If you are planning to edit the same events the suggested way is to use Google Calendar as the backend since it can detect conflicts (Network Shared Calendar can overwrite changes if they happen the same time).
- 32 and 64 bit apps work together just fine as does the Windows, Mac and Linux versions too.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop