Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Lightweight Version
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Lightweight Version
Lightweight Version 3 Years, 11 Months ago  
I know this may be funny to a lot of people, but here's the idea: Rainlendar working under 15mb or even 10mb.

What for: low spec computers
How: leaving the program as simple as it gets with a skin that doesn't need transparency.

The idea came to me since i have 256ram and rainlendar is occupying over 10% of my total ram, and above 25% of the ram i'm using on a fresh start.

If there's a way to get Rainlendar working in a lightweight way than actually does, please tell me!! I know a lot of people that would get happy with it!
jpxsat
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lightweight Version 3 Years, 11 Months ago  
The transparency probably doesn't affect the memory usage very much. You can try to use some skin which uses as few bitmaps as possible. Removing all the plugins which you are not using might help too. There is a certain price you need to pay for a multiplatform application so I'm not sure how much less memory Rainlendar could take without a full reimplementation as a native app for each operating system.
Rainy
graph

Hi Rainy:

Thanks for considering my suggestion
I have a question now: how can i turn off the plugins i don't use? I've searched across the program and there's no easy way to do it

Instead of making a new version of Rainlendar (the lighweight version) could be this the suggestion:

"Implement a way to turn off any plugin that the user wants"

In the options it would be someting like: "General, Calendars, Skins, Advanced, Plugins"

Besides, if something is not correctly working, before it'll be corrected in next release, it can always be turned off

What do you think?
jpxsat
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I don't think disabling the plugins is something a normal user should be concerned about. If you want to do it you can just remove the .dll or .so file from the Rainlendar's plugins folder (on Windows and Linux; on Mac it's not possible to remove the plugins).
Rainy
graph

Just removed all the .dll (except the one "icalendar") and just gained 1mb.

Tried other skins but nothing's better than chromofore.

I'll just stay with Rainlendar the way it is

Thank you!
jpxsat
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop