Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Twitter
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Twitter
Twitter 3 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hello,

I'm not even sure if that's possible as I'm really not a coder but I was wondering if it was possible to develop a little gagdet that would display the equivalent of my twitter home timeline (where I see everything people I follow posted) and limit it to the 5 most recent things in there or something like that. I was really thinking of something like a rss feed-like feature (and I saw there is a RSS addon in the scription subforum but I really have no idea if I could get my twitter in that or how.. google didn't really help me on there).

Thx for the help (or sorry if my question have been answered already).

Blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Twitter 3 Years, 4 Months ago  
I'm not even sure if that's possible as I'm really not a coder but I was wondering if it was possible to develop a little gagdet that would display the equivalent of my twitter home timeline (where I see everything people I follow posted) and limit it to the 5 most recent things in there or something like that. I was really thinking of something like a rss feed-like feature (and I saw there is a RSS addon in the scription subforum but I really have no idea if I could get my twitter in that or how.. google didn't really help me on there).

1) as you saw, download the widget addon (if you didn't do it) from www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=6&id=6164 and install it.
2) Right click in a window -> Options -> Skins -> Advanced >>> -> Open Shadow4 on the left side -> select RSS -> click on the right arrow.
3) Now, its time to change the RSS. Open your Twitter page and seach for the RSS icon (an orange one). In Firefox is on the right side of the address/location bar. The RSS will be something like twitter.com/favorites/[NUMBER].rss for Favorites and twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/[NUMBER].rss for your timeline.
4) Select "Shadow4 - RSS" in the right side of the dialog and click in "options..."
5) On the top side, look for the item "RSS Location" and paste the previous url. Click OK and wait to refresh. Done!

This works for Favorites and for your own tweets. Sorry if i can't help you with a RSS for the following. I don't have a Twitter account.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

When I use twitter.com/favorites/user.rss I get a parsing failed message and even when I check the feed in firefox it doesn't show anything. I'm not sure if it should show anything but I dont see my own tweets or the ones of the people I follow.

And about twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/user.rss, I only see my own tweets...

So both are kinda useless to me, I mostly wanted it so I wouldnt have to go on twitter so see people updates, like I use rainlendar not to have to check my google calendar.

If you get any idea let me know.
blitzkrieg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I will use Paula Abdul's twitter (from Got Talent, but just as an example).

Move your mouse over this link:

You will find a link to twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/27750488.rss
In this case, 27750488 is the user number for Paula Adbul. You have yours.

Then, for the favorites, use twitter.com/favorites/27750488.rss

UPDATE: If you see in the link user.rss then i have no idea. Could you see your Twitter without login? Maybe if you have a private account you won't see from outside.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/12/10 12:09 By Jorge_Luis.

I wrote user just not to show my number but I use my number don't worry about that.
blitzkrieg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

D'oh! sorry

Try without login. The RSS could only work in a public twitter.
Is the last thing i know...

Maybe someone else can help you.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop