Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Continuous calendar ("compact calendar")
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Continuous calendar ("compact calendar")
Re:Continuous calendar ("compact calendar") 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
Jorge,

do the months and the year show reliably on your computer?

On my system, usually I don't get to see them. Only sometimes they show up, but it seems quite random. Once they got turned on when I removed another window, but this can't be repeated.
I've returned to the defaults for shadow4 and your add-on, and reset rainlendar2.ini. But this behavior still stays the same. I'm on WinXP SP3, if that's of interest.

Cheers, Joe
joes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Continuous calendar ("compact calendar") 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
Could be more specific? Which window has the problem? year window or both?
I lie to you if i say it works ok everytime, because I mostly made the skins but usually don't use them.

I have WinXP SP3 too so probably the OS isn't the problem. Do you have a good size of RAM and CPU use free?
One problem locating the months and year is the amount of task and events stored. There is a delay caused by Rainlendar drawing the icons, the bitmap colors and the layers for each event in the calendar.

Is there any error on the log file?

With a totally clean profile (without calendars installed, if you have severals move to another folder before loading Rainlendar or refresh it after moving) and only the Compact addon installed, still the months doesn't show?

EDIT:
Are you using the bitmap addon i've made or using the font mod?
Here you have more info about the RAM use
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2011/02/18 08:32 By Jorge_Luis.

Re:Continuous calendar ( 3 Years, 10 Months ago  
Jorge_Luis wrote:
Could be more specific? Which window has the problem? year window or both?

Both.

I lie to you if i say it works ok everytime, because I mostly made the skins but usually don't use them.

he he.

Do you have a good size of RAM and CPU use free?
One problem locating the months and year is the amount of task and events stored. There is a delay caused by Rainlendar drawing the icons, the bitmap colors and the layers for each event in the calendar.

I think you may have found the problem!
I've deleted old events and suddenly the months appear. But later, when I switched from another program to the desktop (I've set Rainlendar to on the desktop , they were gone again. So I disabled my "birthdays" calendar - and the months reappeared. But this wasn't stable, also - I had to disable my "holidays" calendar also, to get the months back the next time. When the months are showing, I tried re-enabling one of the other calendars, and it still showed the months. So it seems that I'm either right on the edge with regard to memory usage, or it's connected to something else, too.
My RAM is 2 GB, which isn't very much... But even when no other program is running, according to Win Taskmanager, Rainlendar only takes about 20-25 MB and another 16-18 MB virtual memory.
Could this be a problem already?

Is there any error on the log file?

No error, except for looking for a license.r2lic

With a totally clean profile (without calendars installed, if you have severals move to another folder before loading Rainlendar or refresh it after moving) and only the Compact addon installed, still the months doesn't show?

I didn't try that, since the months show up after disabling a calendar. I've got 3: default (work etc), birthdays, and holidays. All are in .ics format.

Are you using the bitmap addon i've made or using the font mod?

This is only using your bitmap-addon.
joes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I suppose that you are using the latest version of the addon (v1.1, the previous one v1.0 is completely different).

I've deleted old events and suddenly the months appear. But later, when I switched from another program to the desktop (I've set Rainlendar to on the desktop), they were gone again. I've set it too as "On the Desktop". According to what you said, looks like the names reappears only after a redraw. The script is executed every time the window is refreshed/redrawed including the first time the window shows up. Hiding and showing a calendar is the same as changing the current month and go back. But that's weird because I think that the windows aren't redrawed when you change between apps (except clocks' hands but these are updated every second in the background).
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Jorge_Luis wrote:
I suppose that you are using the latest version of the addon (v1.1, the previous one v1.0 is completely different).
Yes.

According to what you said, looks like the names reappears only after a redraw. Yeah, it seems like that. It don't think it's (only) a memory issue, somehow it doesn't draw the months at first start. There were no months when I started my PC today, but I had only one calendar activated. When I turned ON another calendar, the months were shown, too.

But that's weird because I think that the windows aren't redrawed when you change between apps
Hm, I think that part might have been a memory issue. I was working a while in different programs, and when I switched back to desktop, there might have been less memory left for Rainlendar.
joes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Try playing with the script file. There are 2 lines (in each Initialize function):
Code:

Rainlendar_SetEventHandler(Shadow4_Weeks_Compact_SetMonthsPosition, 13, window) 
-- Shadow4_Weeks_Compact_SetMonthsPosition(nil, skin .. "::" .. window, nil)

The first set a handler to run the function when the window is started or refreshed. If you change 13 to 14 the handler will check when the window is about to be redrawed, but you NEED to run the function AFTER and not BEFORE. So, the only valid option is 13. (Check for this in the Rainlendar's Help file)
The -- means that its a comment line. If you uncomment that line the function will be forced to be executed (the problem is that the function will be executed twice, forced and by the event handler).

EDIT:
In the compact weeks.xml and compact year.xml, try changing the value of y="-100" of the month items to a positive value e.g. 40 or 50, to show the month names inside the window when the skin is drew for the first time.

EDIT 2:
I update Compact Calendar to version 1.2, adding the buttons to change the current month and the current year.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/02/20 17:11 By Jorge_Luis.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop