Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Continuous calendar ("compact calendar")
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Continuous calendar ("compact calendar")
Re:Continuous calendar 3 Years, 9 Months ago  
When I change the "y=-100" in the xml to a positive value, all the months are shown one over each other at the same place. They only get moved to the right places when everything is redrawn. Pressing "refresh" does not do it.

I uncommented the line in the script file and left the number at 13. This seems to have no effect.

Thanks for the buttons in v1.2!
Some more ideas:
Is there an "abbreviated month" in rainlendar? I'd like to have the space used as small as possible. So I would love to just have the first three letters of the months shown. Also, I'd align them to the right - because that's closer to the calendar.

Another idea: right now, if the previous weeks shown are 4, we get 4 whole weeks of January but since the 1st of January is 5 weeks away, the label "January" is not shown.
So maybe the months should be next to the first Monday of a month?
joes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

From now on I only will update the addon. About the problem of month location, sorry, i have no idea.

I understand what you want. There's a way to show only three letters months names, but that needs to use font elements.
About alignment, the pictures have a standard size and the month name is center inside the picture. So align it in the skin would do nothing... well, yes, will do a totally mess.

UPDATES ON VERSION 1.2.1:
Yes, you're right about month names beyond window size. I added an option to show the name of the previous month always (set to 1 to show the month name, by default is 0)
I added too an option to show the month names on the right side of the calendar.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Jorge_Luis wrote:
From now on I only will update the addon. About the problem of month location, sorry, i have no idea.
That's OK. I guess I can live with it: I now press "Pos1" and it gets redrawn with months. Maybe a newer computer will make the problem go away...

I understand what you want. There's a way to show only three letters months names, but that needs to use font elements.
About alignment, the pictures have a standard size and the month name is center inside the picture. So align it in the skin would do nothing... well, yes, will do a totally mess.

Thank you for the info! I should have looked at the images before asking a silly question.
But now I've gone and played with the vector-font version of your compact calendar. I've only changed the "week" version. See attached 7z file (Do not use this with your normal Shadow 4 skin... I've changed the "elements.xml", too).
I tried the "abbreviated" Months and aligned them to the right.
I've also moved the buttons a bit -- but the Buttons still are bitmaps and look out of place. Is there a way to use the "<" and ">" of the vector font for buttons?

UPDATES ON VERSION 1.2.1:
Yes, you're right about month names beyond window size. I added an option to show the name of the previous month always (set to 1 to show the month name, by default is 0)
I added too an option to show the month names on the right side of the calendar.

Thanks a lot! It's getting better all the time!
joes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Ah, can't attach 7z. So here's a Zip instead
File Attachment:
File Name: comp_week_vector_001.zip
File Size: 7855
joes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Just thinking, I haven't tried something like this:
Instead of

<font id="font.cday" facename="Calibri" weight="BOLD" size="12" />

is it possible to write this:

<font id="font.cday" facename="%Font_name%" weight="BOLD" size="12*%Scale%" />

%Scale% could be the scaling factor that's in the skin already, or a new variable.
joes
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

When I have more time I will take a look at your font vector version.

Yes, you can do that with %Scale% (default="1") and %Font_name% (default="Calibri"). Just remember to not set any window in the skin.xml file. That will be a global variable for all windows of the skin.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop