Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Event recurrence suggestion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Event recurrence suggestion
Event recurrence suggestion 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
I've done a search of the forum but did not find anything on this topic. Now I may have had a brain burp and searched for something stupid and missed a thread on this subject, if so I'm sorry.

Anyways...

My suggestion is that in the Recurrence option of the Events object have a tickbox for ommitting weekends. At the moment I have an event repeating every 2 days forever, but I have to manually put in the dates of the weekend into the Exception dates fielf (in theory forever). Seems like the sort of thing that could be common and/or automated.

On the whole though a very nice application and it is suiting me well!
An_Evil_Penguin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/03/29 07:53 By An_Evil_Penguin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Event recurrence suggestion 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
When you say you have an event every 2 days except weekends, I suppose you're trying to say: Mo-We-Fr (week 1), Tu-Th (week 2), Mo-We-Fr (week 3)... is that right?

The basic structure of iCalendar (the one used by Rainlendar) is more complicated than you think. The standard takes for example this Recurrence Rule: RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=2;BYMONTH=1;BYDAY=SU;BYHOUR=8,9;BYMINUTE=30
This means: an event that happens at 8:30 and 9:30 every Sunday of January every 2 years.

Of course, I'm not saying that what you want is something impossible. In fact, your rule would be: RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;INTERVAL=2;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR. Or only with the interval and setting the exception rule as EXRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=SA,SU. The problem is that there are thousands of combinations of the recurrence rule.
Maybe you have luck and Rainy add your rule.

As a workaround, I suppose you can split it in 2 events:
The first one, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday every 2 weeks;
the second one, on Tuesday and Thursday every 2 weeks, starting the next week of the above.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2011/03/29 09:14 By Jorge_Luis.

Re:Event recurrence suggestion 3 Years, 8 Months ago  
The exception rules make date calculations really difficult so support for them is not likely to be implemented any time soon. I suggest that you use the Jorge's workaround and split the event into two parts.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop