Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Event recurrence suggestion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Event recurrence suggestion
Event recurrence suggestion 3 Years, 3 Months ago  
I've done a search of the forum but did not find anything on this topic. Now I may have had a brain burp and searched for something stupid and missed a thread on this subject, if so I'm sorry.

Anyways...

My suggestion is that in the Recurrence option of the Events object have a tickbox for ommitting weekends. At the moment I have an event repeating every 2 days forever, but I have to manually put in the dates of the weekend into the Exception dates fielf (in theory forever). Seems like the sort of thing that could be common and/or automated.

On the whole though a very nice application and it is suiting me well!
An_Evil_Penguin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/03/29 07:53 By An_Evil_Penguin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Event recurrence suggestion 3 Years, 3 Months ago  
When you say you have an event every 2 days except weekends, I suppose you're trying to say: Mo-We-Fr (week 1), Tu-Th (week 2), Mo-We-Fr (week 3)... is that right?

The basic structure of iCalendar (the one used by Rainlendar) is more complicated than you think. The standard takes for example this Recurrence Rule: RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=2;BYMONTH=1;BYDAY=SU;BYHOUR=8,9;BYMINUTE=30
This means: an event that happens at 8:30 and 9:30 every Sunday of January every 2 years.

Of course, I'm not saying that what you want is something impossible. In fact, your rule would be: RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;INTERVAL=2;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR. Or only with the interval and setting the exception rule as EXRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=SA,SU. The problem is that there are thousands of combinations of the recurrence rule.
Maybe you have luck and Rainy add your rule.

As a workaround, I suppose you can split it in 2 events:
The first one, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday every 2 weeks;
the second one, on Tuesday and Thursday every 2 weeks, starting the next week of the above.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2011/03/29 09:14 By Jorge_Luis.

Re:Event recurrence suggestion 3 Years, 3 Months ago  
The exception rules make date calculations really difficult so support for them is not likely to be implemented any time soon. I suggest that you use the Jorge's workaround and split the event into two parts.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop