Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Transform TASK entry to EVENT entry - viceversa
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Transform TASK entry to EVENT entry - viceversa
Transform TASK entry to EVENT entry - viceversa 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Helle,

there should be an option to transform a task entry to an Event entry and viceversa
masu
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rainlendar 2.4
Windows 7

Re:Transform TASK entry to EVENT entry - viceversa 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Tasks don't necessarily have start or end times so that might not be possible. It would also remove the extra information from the tasks that the events cannot contain (priority, status, ...). Why would you want to do that anyway?
Rainy
graph

Re:Transform TASK entry to EVENT entry - viceversa 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
just an idea, which came into my mind, as I mix up task an event.
masu
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Rainlendar 2.4
Windows 7

PRIORITY / STATUS support for Events (xTASK-EVENT) 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Making task to event and vice versa could I suppose have its uses, but imho not worth the code.

> It would also remove the extra
> information from the tasks that
> the events cannot contain (priority,
> status, ...)

HOWEVER, I am intrigued by priority and status in general. I edit my iCal files with Rainlendar (Win/Lin), KOrganizer (Lin), Sunbird (Win), MyPhoneExplorer (Win/SE). Rainlendar appears not to support PRIORITY and STATUS for VEVENTs. But both Korganizer and Sunbird adds such iCal fields when VEVENTs are edited.

I considered this quite carefully, but decided it did not matter. Especially as I suspect this disappears in most portable units (phones). Therefore I decided to categorise differently:
1) using multiple calendars and
2) making a CATEGORY called canceled (and changed the skin to display this in gray - didn't figure out the strikeout set to underline in Shadow4).

Which is why I also would NOT put including STATUS/PRIORITY on a suggestions list, at least not on a priority one (supported by iCal or not). There is something to be said for the lowest common denominator - much easier to keep clean when it works in all apps.

However, I would like to know whether anyone else has a general "policy" on this. At some point I will get all of my office to change from Sunbird to Rainlendar, and I would like to know if anyone has a strong opinion on how to do this.

ok

<br><br>Post edited by: okh, at: 2007/01/07 07:54
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop