Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

A few suggestions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: A few suggestions
A few suggestions 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
I imagine many of these have been brought up already and are probably in progress, but I think they would transform Rainlendar from a very good app into an unbeatable app

. I noticed that all skins are "instanceable", for example I can have multiple To-Do skins showing at once. It would be great if the context menu for a To-Do skin would allow me to select which categories show up on that instance. This should work similarly to the "Arrange" context menu, with a submenu of categories, with an additional quick-option for "All categories". This could be extended to other sort types, eg. priority.

. Similarly, it would be very useful to assign which Calendars show up in a skin instance. I would love to be able to show my google calendar in one "events" skin and a local calendar in another, for example.

. "Twist-down" collapse/hide arrows for the current "arrange by" setting. Again, this should be implemented on a per-instance basis. That way, I could easily hide my "personal" to-do list or other clients' to-do lists when giving a web-ex presentation to a client.

. Ability to change, for example, the category for a to-do list item by dragging it into another category when the to-do list is sorted by category. And by priority if it is sorted by priority.

. Direct manipulation for setting task progress. I would like to be able to click and drag over the progress meter for a task to change it's progress, with a tooltip to show me the current setting.

. More powerful contextual navigation for events and tasks. Right-click to "Set as complete", or "Recurring -> Every week / Every month / Every year"

. Customization of alarm snoozing. Currently, I think if you snooze an alarm, it reminds you every minute. I'd like to be able to change the default to every 5 or 10 minutes, and then within an event or task, override that default.

. Google Calendar synchronization. This is a tall order, I know, and the Google Calendar API is not stable, but it would be great to able to create an event in Rainlendar and have it show up on my Google Calendar.

Thanks again for a great product!
dvdgee
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:A few suggestions 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
Nice list of suggestions Here are some quick comments.

Category and calendar filters are will be implemented in (near?) future.

Collapsing the groups is a good idea, I'll add it to my todo-list.

Dragging the todo items might have some technical challenges but I'll keep your suggestions in mind.

I don't want to put too much stuff into the context menus since it will make the harder to use. In the future it will at least be possible to add buttons to the windows which can change the task's properties.

The items in the alarm window have a context menu which contains different snooze times. The default snooze time can be changed from Options->Advanced->AlarmDefaultSnoozeTime.

It seems that there are quite a lot of people who want the Google Calendar support...
Rainy
graph

Re:A few suggestions 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
Thanks for the quick response. Regarding the Google Calendar thing, you might want to get into contact with the people working on Spanning Sync, which is an iCal plugin for Google Calendar currently in private beta. They may have some tips: www.spanningsync.com/

Thanks for the tip on the alarms, that will help a lot.
dvdgee
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop