Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Self Scheduling Task
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Self Scheduling Task
Self Scheduling Task 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Is it possible the code a task which will reschedule itself when it is completed. As an example: Automobile oil change. You would want to be reminded to change your oil at a certain interval after your last one.

Thanks,
Dan
Superdan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Self Scheduling Task 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
It is (or will be after I fix the bugs in the task) possible to create repeating tasks so that the task is shown e.g. every month's first day in the todo list (or however you define the recurrence).
Rainy
graph

Awesome!
Thanks.

Is is possible to create a reccurence type which is not just every week, month, etc. but a certain time interval after completion. i.e. I need a reminder to contact a client 60 days from the last contact. If I am not able to make the contact for several days past the due date, it reschedules for 60 days past my actual contact date, not the planned date. So, all I have to do is acknowledge the task as completed, then it automatically resets itself for 60 days later.

Thanks,
Dan
Superdan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

That is not possible. It might be possible to create such things in the future with lua-scripts but it's unlikely that this kind of specialized functionality will be build natively into Rainlendar (most people do not need them and they just make things much more complicated).
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop