Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

'Toggle Windows' option for hotkeys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 'Toggle Windows' option for hotkeys
'Toggle Windows' option for hotkeys 2 Years, 11 Months ago  
I love Rainlendar2, and I love how well the hotkeys system works. However, there's one little thing I'd like to suggest; The 'Toggle Windows' hotkey option is great and all, but currently it doesn't work very well with having some windows hidden and some visible. At the moment, it behaves just like an alternating 'show windows' and 'hide windows' hotkey; so the first press shows ALL windows, and the second hides all windows. If instead it simply toggled the visibility of each window, it would be far more useful, allowing one of two different 'window setups' to be used.

For example, I use a small vertical line month calendar on my desktop during normal use, but frequently want to refer to the whole year calendar, which I have centered on my desktop, but hidden. Currently, a hotkey to 'Toggle Windows' doesn't let me switch between them.

Something else that would work is adding a hotkey option to simply toggle the visibility of a specified window (rather like alt-1,2,3,4 etc do at the moment with window focus).

Thanks!
IdleMuse
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 'Toggle Windows' option for hotkeys 2 Years, 11 Months ago  
The hotkeys run a script so it is possible to modify how they work. You can e.g. create a new hotkey script which just toggles a specific window. E.g. something like this:

Code:

function Hotkey_Toggle_Year_Calendar()
  local window = "Year Calendar"
  if Rainlendar_IsWindowVisible(window) then
    Rainlendar_HideWindow(window)
  else
    Rainlendar_ShowWindow(window)
  end
end

Create a new file called customhotkeys.lua to Rainlendar's scripts folder and add the above function to it. After you restart Rainlendar you should be able to see the new hotkey option in the settings which will toggle the year calendar.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop