Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Daily Reset
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Daily Reset
Daily Reset 3 Years, 2 Months ago  
Pardon me if this functionality is already present in Rainlendar; I was not able to find a way to pull this off.

I like having a daily checklist in my To-Do list, one which I start anew and cross out every day. This is for things I need to do every day but it doesn't matter when in the day I do them. (Things like taking out trash, taking a vitamin, going on a walk, checking a blog, reading the news.)

I'd like it if it were possible to set a task to reset to undone every day at a specific time. (Like midnight. Also, might want to add some way of checking if the computer was off when the next reset would have occurred.) This is NOT the same as recurrence. I want the satisfaction of seeing the items crossed out on the list, and don't need it to remember which day I need to do it next. (Making a recurring task complete just advances the date rather than crossing it out.)

Rainlendar is almost perfect for my needs, refreshing after trying dozens of different programs. With this one feature added, Rainlendar would do everything I'd want in a scheduler.

Thank you for your time.

tl;dr- Add a setting where Tasks reset to "Needs Action" at a specified time every day.
Omni
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/08/23 21:33 By Omni.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Daily Reset 3 Years, 2 Months ago  
There is no such feature but you probably could do it with a script that changes the status of the tasks once a day. If your tasks don't change too often you could also put them to a separate file and create a scheduled operation (e.g. with the Windows Scheduler) which would overwrite the file with one where the statuses are set to "Needs Action".
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Daily Reset 3 Years, 2 Months ago  
I was thinking a script might be able to do it. Specifically, I was thinking the simplest way would be to have a script which, at a set time, resets all tasks in a particular calendar to "Needs Action". Problem is I don't know how to script it. I'm an artist, not a coder! I can tweak variables, but can't really write my own code.

The Windows Scheduler idea is very interesting, though! I'll need to look into that. It'd certainly be less than ideal, but it might serve my needs.

Many thanks!
Omni
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop