Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Categories manager \ Easier categories config
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Categories manager \ Easier categories config
Categories manager \ Easier categories config 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hello. I'm using lite (free) version 2.9 (64 bit) of reinlendar and liking it. The only problem I have is with categories, or to be exact with setting \ configuring them.

It also seems that each skin has it's own categories setup (I'm using "Vista 2.0" skin and every category there is red).

There is a "Categories" buttion in options>>>skins, but it doesn't do anything (is it paid feature?)

My suggestion is as follows:

Make a master \ default category list with a simple config window to add \ delete categories, change text color, color on calendar etc. And make an option to use default category list or Skin's category settings (there is something to that effect in the settings but it doesn't seem to work).
Maniak2000
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Categories manager \ Easier categories config 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
The categories can be modified only if the skin supports custom categories. Unfortunately it's not possible to create a simple category editor which would work for all skins because of the flexibility of the Rainlendar skins.
Rainy
graph

Re: Categories manager \ Easier categories config 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
I never said "a simple category editor which would work for all skins", I meant default category list with simple settings window that will override any category settings a skin might have unless option "Use skin's settings instead of deafault" (for example) is checked.
Maniak2000
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Categories manager \ Easier categories config 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
I'm not sure how the categories could be overwritten without some kind of editor where the user can change the colors and such. Anyway, the problem is that for example the Shadow4 uses images to show the dates so changing the colors is not really possible without drawing new images.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop