Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Extended Manager
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Extended Manager
Extended Manager 2 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi,

I love your application but there is one thing that jumped to my mind which would make it even better (and would cause me to quit using that horrible Lightning-Extension of Thunderbird): an extended Manager.

I think of a new view which looks pretty much like the "iCal"-Application of MacOS (Day, Week and Month perspective + list perspective which just lists the appointments like it is implemented now in the manager).

Of course such a view is not really necessary as most (or all) of the functionality it would provide is already implemented in the normal Rainlendar-Application (the Desktop "widgets") but personally I like a Windows-Style window for serious work (when adding appointments etc.) and the Rainlendar-Widgets mostly for a quick overview or simple tasks.

Considering the fact that most of the logic for rendering appointments in a calendar is already in the application (as there are already month-views, week-views etc.) it should not be too much work to implement such a Window.

It's a pity that there are none outstanding of those "conventional" calendar-applications for Windows. There are a few which are not bad but those lack synchronization (Outlook, Windows Live Calendar) or other key-features (Lightning / Sunbird does have all the features that I need but it feels slow and buggy compared to Rainlendar (or any other native application for that matter)). This last feature - this "conventional" calendar view - would make Rainlendar the one to rule them all

Let me know what you think!

PS: If you decide to implement it, please make the window appear by double-clicking the Rainlendar tray icon (single click for bringing the widgets to the front).
Prototypjack
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop