Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Option. Size to fit content: upwards or downwards
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Option. Size to fit content: upwards or downwards
Option. Size to fit content: upwards or downwards 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
Trillian (the IM client), has a very cool option that sizes windows when content is added either upwards or downwards:
- Upwards: in this case if/when new content is added in a window bottom part of a window stays in place and upper is being size up (=window goes up)
- Downwards: here upper part of a window stays fixed and lower part of it is being sized down (=window goes down)

It's quite useful. For instance, in my case all my Rainlendar windows are positioned at the bottom of the screen, right above the panel. I want them to stay fixed like this. Here's how it looks:

However, when information is added into the Events window, it expands downwards: upper part of the window stays fixed (in place), and bottom part moves down to accommodate new information. When this happens, Events window "pushes down" the Week View window therefore moving it downwards from its place (in this case it goes below the panel/below the screen). So every time I have to manually move Events window higher, and put Week View back in its place to restore the layour. You see the problem here?
If Rainlendar had an option to size windows upwards, then this layout of mine would work perfectly well, because with any new information windows would "grow" only upwards and thus all windows stayed in place (=fixed to the bottom). Basically this option is necessary for layouts that situated on the bottom edges of a screen where there is little or no place below them (eg. in a layout fixed at the top of the screen all that is not an issue ofc).

I think adding that would be very, very useful!

Thanks in advance in any case!

P.S. This is how the option's called in the latest Trillian:
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/01/05 11:22 By bugreporter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rainlendar Pro v2.13 b139 64 bit
Pro (paid/registered user)
Windows 8.1 With Update x64

Re: Option. Size to fit content: upwards or downwards 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
The function you want was already exist, try this: - Go to Options - Skins - Click the "Advanced >>>" button - Select the window (Event List) from the active (right) side - Click "Settings..." or double click the item - Checked "Grow upwards"
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Re: Option. Size to fit content: upwards or downwards 2 Years, 8 Months ago  
anoob wrote:
The function you want was already exist, try this: - Go to Options - Skins - Click the "Advanced >>>" button - Select the window (Event List) from the active (right) side - Click "Settings..." or double click the item - Checked "Grow upwards"
Thanks so much for the reply! It actually does just what I need )

The only thing is that STILL I would implement this option somewhere in the general settings so it would apply to all windows, both existing and ones that are added. The reason is that now one has to do it for all skin windows manually (one by one) AND not forget to do it for newly-added ones as well. So it's a bit complicated, if you ask me.

Anyhow, it's good that there is a way to do it at all currently. So thanks so much for the tip!
bugreporter
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Rainlendar Pro v2.13 b139 64 bit
Pro (paid/registered user)
Windows 8.1 With Update x64

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop