I used to work with TR free version, but had to quit with it because i had an old computer, and java running was consuming A LOT of resources... anyway, i used to have issues like you which could be easily resolved with TR thousand options and filters
Tips i would recommend on TR:
- Create a topic or context for "Shopping" or "Calls"... create an action screen view to only watch these...
- If you have trouble with that use a systema like "subject of the task: @Call Mom" "@Shop Vegetables, milk, etc..." then use a screen view to search for "@Call" or "@Shopping"... don't remember if TR makes any difference between "@Call" and "Call"... but it makes the whole system more visual
- You don't have to create MANY screen views, you can create one named "Search" with the filter bar activated and the field "with words" on it... then just type "@Call" on it, whenever you want to search for planned calls
- Besides, i believe the Paid Versions has a built-in search engine, don't know how it works, but surely it can the same but better
- I know you said "no searching" but really, it never failed to me, and it's really easy
Tips on Rainlendar:
- I'm new to the software... but i guess you can create a calendar on the advanced options view, name it "Shopping List" or "Call List" anything like that... here's a guide for thatt: wiki.rainlendar.info/index.php?title=Multiple_to_do_lists
And umm, when i used TR (like 5 months ago) i remember reading on the website that they were working on a calendar view for the paid version... i couldn't find that info now, but i guess they're still on it... and when they do it, i would definitely buy TR!