Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

GTD (Getting Things Done)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: GTD (Getting Things Done)
GTD (Getting Things Done) 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi
Have tried several calendars but they are all uninstalled now.
But some weeks ago i got in contact with GTD which I find very helpful to structure my doings and plans. Bought even a software for it ( Thinking Rock) and it works fine... BUT... I'm not so glad having 2 programs running, Rainlendar and TR (it has no calendar)
So what would be great would be if I could fast get the categories, choose one or multiple and then get a list with all not yet completed. Say i have an idle hour and want to make calls not made yet so I choose "calls", get a list and do my calls. No searching, no missing.
Or I have an errand to the mall, i choose "shopping" and all items are listed. (and coming home there will be a hug (maybe more):"Wow you are great!")www.rainlendar.net/cms/components/com_kunena/template/rainlendar/images/english/emoticons/tongue.png

So, from my point of view this would be a great enhancement of an already great calendar.

Thanks for reading

With best regards

Carsten
carsten0
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: GTD (Getting Things Done) 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
Welcome to the forum, Carsten.

Did you try sorting the task by category as primary sort and by time as secondary sort?
In the Task List, right click and select both.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re: GTD (Getting Things Done) 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
Jorge_Luis
Thank you! that's a step closer to GTD. But as I entertain myself with several small projects I'll need a little more sophisticated filter : Primary - tick-list for at least 2 options. Same for secondary
Well, only I'm patient enough things I need use to come into my life. Maybe Rainy finds the idea of a GTD implementation irresistible, starts his genius and just does it ! Who knows, the ways of life are mysterious!

Thanks again and best regards

Carsten
carsten0
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:GTD (Getting Things Done) 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
I used to work with TR free version, but had to quit with it because i had an old computer, and java running was consuming A LOT of resources... anyway, i used to have issues like you which could be easily resolved with TR thousand options and filters

Tips i would recommend on TR:
- Create a topic or context for "Shopping" or "Calls"... create an action screen view to only watch these...
- If you have trouble with that use a systema like "subject of the task: @Call Mom" "@Shop Vegetables, milk, etc..." then use a screen view to search for "@Call" or "@Shopping"... don't remember if TR makes any difference between "@Call" and "Call"... but it makes the whole system more visual
- You don't have to create MANY screen views, you can create one named "Search" with the filter bar activated and the field "with words" on it... then just type "@Call" on it, whenever you want to search for planned calls
- Besides, i believe the Paid Versions has a built-in search engine, don't know how it works, but surely it can the same but better
- I know you said "no searching" but really, it never failed to me, and it's really easy

Tips on Rainlendar:
- I'm new to the software... but i guess you can create a calendar on the advanced options view, name it "Shopping List" or "Call List" anything like that... here's a guide for thatt: wiki.rainlendar.info/index.php?title=Multiple_to_do_lists

And umm, when i used TR (like 5 months ago) i remember reading on the website that they were working on a calendar view for the paid version... i couldn't find that info now, but i guess they're still on it... and when they do it, i would definitely buy TR!
DesperateForGTD
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:GTD (Getting Things Done) 2 Years, 1 Month ago  
hello DesperateForGTD
Thanks for reply
I'm using TR payed version and it work's fine for me, it's only the calendar I'm missing... Those TR guys have promised a calender quite a while but so far nothing has happened over there down under...
Therefore I'm hoping Rainy will be exited about GTD and implement it.

Best regards

Carsten
carsten0
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop