Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Feature request - suppress duplicate events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Feature request - suppress duplicate events
Feature request - suppress duplicate events 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
I have the fortune of using a corporate Google account at work as well as my own personal Google account. An unfortunate restriction on the corporate account is that it is set up so that all events are published as "Private" to anyone they are shared with outside of the company. I cannot alter this, and it likely will not be changed.

My solution when I need to share work events with my friends or parents is to simply duplicate the events into my personal calendar. This all works fine when viewed in Google Calendar, and achieves the intended results, but it does make for a bunch of duplicated entries in the Event List in Rainlendar.

I would quite like the option to suppress the duplicate events (they all have identical text, dates, etc), so that only one shows in the list. Currently the only workaround I have to make the Event List useful in this scenario is to make it much longer.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.
BenBasson
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/05/29 15:10 By BenBasson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Feature request - suppress duplicate events 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
Could you duplicate the entries in a separate or particular calendar? In this way you can exclude this calendar from the options of the Event List window.

Each event has a unique ID, even if they have identical information. To remove duplicates RL will need to read each one and compare it with all the others... (I prefer not to think if the're plenty of events)
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re: Feature request - suppress duplicate events 2 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hiding duplicates probably would not require too much work although it would be more or less random which event was left visible. I'll have to think about this. In the mean time you can try the workaround Jorge Luis suggested and create a separate calendar for the duplicated events.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop