Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Stop notifying me for past events
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Stop notifying me for past events
Stop notifying me for past events 1 Year, 6 Months ago  
Sometimes I remember an event myself.
Then I come back to my computer and am greeted by a pop-up that reminds me of it. One hour after it has ended.

I'm not sure if this is a logical bug or just not well-thought, so I'd just suggest to change it...
Cthulhux
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop notifying me for past events 1 Year, 6 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, Cthulhux.
The popup is the alarm? You can discard it.
If you made what you want to do, Rainlendar2 has no idea of this, so you need to remove manually the alarm. If the alarm is removed after the end time passed, think what will happen if you don't remember the event and you're not in front of the PC.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re:Stop notifying me for past events 1 Year, 6 Months ago  
Why would I want to have a reminder of already passed events?
Cthulhux
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

How old are the events?

What I mean is you have an event for today at 6 PM. At 4 PM, you shutdown the PC, go outside and make something related to this event. When you came back at 7 PM and starts your PC, Rainlendar alerts you of this upcoming event. You already did it. Of course, this would be the good way.
Suppose that at 4 PM you shutdown the PC and go to sleep. At 7 PM when you starts your PC, Rainlendar alerts you of this upcoming event. You're late, but at least you know that you had something to do. Imagine if the event was "Pick up friend at the airport"... programs had to be fool-proof.

Another way is to use Task/ToDo. After done, you can mark it as Completed and hide it from the Task list. This could be more logical depending on the subject.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

It would still remind me, right?

Maybe, while creating an event, "dismiss after end time" would be an adequate checkbox.
Cthulhux
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Stop notifying me for past events 1 Year, 5 Months ago  
I'm currently switching from some old, not supported scheduler/reminder software. So far Railendar is fitting my needs. But this topic is related to one feature i'm missing. Some events indeed could be not relevant after their pass. I have some recurring reminders which are only relevant at the time they should alarm. Later they are not needed and i won't miss anything if i don't see them, so it would be handy to set a time for an alarm to be active (minutes, hours, etc.). E.g. at work i'm often too much in the work so i often miss my lunch time:) So i put an alarm. But if sometimes i go to lunch earlier and then get back after an hour, there is no point in lunch reminder to pop up. So i don't have to be distracted and dismiss it manually. Minor thing, but could be added to the alarm settings.
wroot
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop