Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Sidebar
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Sidebar
Sidebar 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Rainy,

I have used Rainlendar for several years and think it's a great programme. I have one question regarding the sidebar, however.
The sidebar is my favourite-—and usually my only-—window. However, it would be really nice if the "hide list windows if there are no items" could be extended to the sidebar.
Yes, I know: the sidebar is a window in itself, and the events and tasks lists in the sidebar are therefore (at least in theory, not sure about the practice) not separate windows.
However, it is impossible to arrange separate calendar, events and task windows, and have them duplicate the way the sidebar behaves (I could send screenshots to show what I mean, but I am sure that you understand it what I mean).
Thanks in advance.

Alexxx
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sidebar 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, Alexxx.

You're right. The sidebar is one window and can't be hidden. I understand what you mean, but I don't understand why you say "it's impossible to arrange them".
I suppose that you want the windows to be attached, and when one hides the remaining two joined together?
Windows can be linked to another window or to a screen edge. But if the first window disappear there's no way to determinate where to locale the second one.
Is this what you're looking for?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re:Sidebar 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Thank you for your welcome and your quick answer, Jorge-Luis.

I thought that the easiest way to describe what I would like to see is to send a screenshot (attached). The calendar, event list and task list windows are, of course, on the left, with the sidebar on the right.
The "before" pane shows my configuration of Rainlendar with two upcoming events and two upcoming tasks. The "after" pane shows how the windows remain when the two tasks are removed. The "What I'd like" is obviously how I would like both window configurations to show after the two tasks are removed.
I hope that all of this is as clear to you as it is to me!
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Sidebar 1 Year, 12 Months ago  
Sorry, I seem to have sent this twice.
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/12/03 17:48 By Alexxx.Reason: Sent a duplicate by mistake

Re:Sidebar 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
As I said before, unfortunately, the sidebar is one window, and the elements can't be hidden individually. (they can by script, but it wouldn't be good solution).

About the left side, the todo list is linked to the bottom of the screen. And the event list is linked to the todo list. (and the calendar should be linked to the event list, but as you can see on the right side it's not, maybe they not "touch" when you arrange them. Also, I suppose you only remove the task).

Although you can't see the window, it's still there. And the event window is still linked to it, because its height isn't 0.

I will try to see if a script could be added to hide the window inside the sidebar, at least, until Rainy defines if an element inside a window is plausible to be hidden when the list is empty.

EDIT: I can't using a script get the number of task listed. So, I can't hide or show the task list inside the sidebar.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
Last Edit: 2012/12/05 10:11 By Jorge_Luis.Reason: Impossible script

Re:Sidebar 1 Year, 11 Months ago  
Yes, the problem is basically that if a windows such as the events list or task list is hidden because it contains no items, the other windows don't snap down. I imagine that this is because the hidden window is still there, even if one can't see it.

Therefore, as far as I understand it, if I want everything to snap to the bottom, my only choice is to use the sidebar. Am I correct? Thanks for your help.
Alexxx
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop