Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Split the link for "new version" dialog
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Split the link for "new version" dialog
Split the link for "new version" dialog 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
When a new beta is released the dialog window appears and clicking on the go to site button open the Beta section of the forum. When a stable version is released (as the last 2.11.1) the dialog shows e.g. "2.11.1 beta 129", but it still redirects to the Beta section instead of the Download section. If there is any flag then the dialog could redirect to both sites according to its value.

Writing this made me thinking about the portable installation (from FAQ):
Yes, you can. You can just copy everything from Rainlendar's program folder to the USB memory and create an empty text file called rainlendar2.ini in the same folder where the executable is. This will make Rainlendar2 store the settings and all the events and tasks to its program folder so the data will be on the USB memory too. This wouldn't be exactly a portable installation. I mean, you need to install it first and then copy to an USB. What about the option to download a zip file with the ini file already created and with the values of the default windows (calendar, todo and event list), just like when the program is launched for the first time?
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Split the link for "new version" dialog 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
I think it's possible to change the version check so that on releases also the beta version check will take to the download page instead to the forum. I'll see if that can be done without breaking the previous Rainlendar versions.

There used to be an option in the installer for a portable installation but I had to remove it because people enabled it without knowing what it meant and then got confused when there were not icons on their start menu. It's true that the current way to do a portable installation is not optimal but I'm not sure what would be better. Having the empty settings file in the zip is a problematic since it would be quite easy to overwrite your previous settings with it when you upgrade. Maybe the installer could detect that the target drive is removable and ask the user if a portable installation would be preferred...
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop