Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Google calendar option to list only headline
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Google calendar option to list only headline
Google calendar option to list only headline 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
I make great use of the Month View. When Google calendar events are pulled in, the tooltip and, I assume, the event box in the Month View include data from the Google event name, location, and description. The can be too much for the box to hold, in which case it's blank. I'd like the option to pull into the event box only the event name, so that I'd have a chance of more events showing their names in the Month View. Showing all the info in the tooltip is fine. I have no idea whether Google provides you with the data in a form that will allow this.

Thanks.
billfish
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Google calendar option to list only headline 1 Year, 9 Months ago  
Only Google calendar ?
All calendars should be the same way appeared on Month View !

You can change the appear way, from :
Options > Advanced > [Schedule] section, uncheck which you dont want to appear.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
Last Edit: 2013/03/19 04:05 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Hmm, I suspect this isn't under your control, but here's what I'm talking about, and why I'm singling out Google: In a Google calendar event, there are several fields: Event title, Where, calendar, and Description. I find that if I turn off Rainlendar Options > Advanced > Schedule > Show Schedule Descriptions, it stops displaying the event title as well as what Google calls the description, so that all the boxes in Month View are blank. If I turn on Show Schedule Descriptions, it turns the title on, but also displays the Google Description, which can be quite long, so if there's no room to display the whole thing, the box is, once again, blank. I'd like to display just the event title, but maybe Google doesn't supply that to you by itself.
billfish
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I test my Google Calendar sync with Rainlendar again, and them are working fine, no happen the problems you say. (see image)

Ohh, I noticed that you possible are using Mac, but I am using WinXP, so maybe this problem is occur on Rainlendar for Mac.
Waiting for author to check.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
Last Edit: 2013/03/20 12:39 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Good grief, you're right! I played with options a little, but mostly made the Month View gigantic, and it works as expected. Thanks. This is on MacOS Mountain Lion.
billfish
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

OP. Maybe I spoke too soon. With Options > Advanced > Schedule > Show Schedule Descriptions turned to OFF, I get no titles showing in the Month View. With it turned to ON, I get titles except when the Google description is too long. Or maybe I'm still not understanding something.
billfish
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/03/23 20:14 By billfish.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop