Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

'Aging' of Birthday reminders.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: 'Aging' of Birthday reminders.
'Aging' of Birthday reminders. 1 Year, 6 Months ago  
I have a problem remembering my grand daughters ages when the reminder for their birthdays comes up on screen. Would it be possible to enter an 'age' when first constructing the Reminder - and for that figure to be increased by one year on an annual basis within the program, so that it would possibly say - "It is XXX birthday next Thursday and she will be 7 years old."
Clive
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:'Aging' of Birthday reminders. 1 Year, 6 Months ago  
Welcome to the forum, Clive.

In the latest versions of Rainlendar2 you can set in which categories add an ordinal number. (right click -> options... -> general -> "add years after summary for categories" and "categories...". By default, if you add an event and set the category as anniversary or birthday it will add e.g. (1st), (2nd)... (56th) in the Event List.
The birthday would need to be repeated annually.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Thank you for your quick reply. I understand what you say and it is quite correct that a number is added each year on a repeating reminder, but my point is that ,e.g., if a child is 7 yrs old when I am lucky enough to find and load this program into my system, when entering the data for an annual reminder for this childs birthday - I would need to enter the number 7 into the reminder in order to have next years reminder come up as "8". Thereafter each year the childs true age would also come up with the reminder, but there does not appear to be a provision for this entry.
Is there any way of entering (modifying) the ordinal number generated currently only by the number of times the annual reminder has appeared?.
My thanks, by the way, for an otherwise superb reminder program, it is by far the best that I have found for my Macbook Pro. If there was a way of entering a 'start' number for selected category ageing I think that it would considerably increase the interest & popularity in this already great software.
Clive
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The counter start when the event starts. You don't need to set the current value.

If the 7th birthday is e.g. on 2013-04-20 and you're creating the event today, you MUST change the "Start Time" and "End Time" to 2006-04-20 manually. Rainlendar2 automatically will do 2013-2006=7 and show this value. If the event is annual, on 2014-04-20 it will do the same (2014-2006=8).
You don't need to do anything else.

Sorry, but I don't understand "a way of entering a 'start' number for category ageing". I mean, the counter for a birthday starts on the birthday itself. This could be different on annual exhibitions when they doesn't start always in the same day. But this isn't that case.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Many thanks for the solution to my problem regarding showing the correct 'ageing' birthday of a child reminder. I was not aware that the software would auto calculate and display the correct aged birthday year based on the original date entered.
Again, many thanks for a great program, - and all my grandchildren now show their correct ages when the reminder comes up which is quite a relief to an old dodderer like me. !
Clive
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:'Aging' of Birthday reminders. 1 Year, 5 Months ago  
I insert me in this discussion to ask an explanation. Also to me it interests to see the number of the years in the day of the birthday. I have tried to follow how much you/he/she has been explained but, to the place of the number of the years the number of the days appears.
Have I done so in the finistra of the event I have inserted the date of birth in the playpen "Inizio" that it perhaps corresponds time and the 2013 birthday date to Start in "Termine" that it will be End time?
Es. 01/05/1974 - 01/05/2013 = 14245.
Perhaps it is not correct what I have done. I don't know the English and I have understood badly perhaps. Can you help me? Thanks.
galdino
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop