Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Custom icons
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Custom icons
Custom icons 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Would it be possible to let us just define different shades of colours for the events instead of ie: Choose Trip, and it shows a plane? Like I see that it is neat, but when you really start filling up the calendar it becomes like unreadable with various icons all over the calendar. Which is why I ask if its possible to let us define different shades of colour instead? The kind of overlay that is used for events with settings of default/important etc. Which just shades in that day with a colour while still showing the date on the calendar.
iOsiris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Custom icons 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
This is the exciting point where you need to start messing with the skin. The easiest is to just change the graphics (eg plane) to something less intrusive. First thing I did was to change the birthday icon to a small red dot - barely visible. You need to open the xxx/rainlendar2/skins/xxxx.r2skin file (as a zip file) and edit the graphics you need changed. The Gimp highly recommended (and free). Or, of course, you can be even braver and start messing with the XML files. Not too hard, but it tends to take a lot of time (playing with colours instead of icons, as you want). I have basically done horrid things to the Shadow skin, and probably would offend the designer no end, but it works for me.

ok

PS - you may of course try the different skins available - maybe someone has made a scheme to your liking.
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
okhoff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop