Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Window scaling improvement
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Window scaling improvement
Window scaling improvement 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
I recently moved to a 12.5" laptop. Even with a modest resolution of 1366*768, it called for resizing and stretching Rainlendar windows. They look extremely blurry if you set their scale to even 120% in Advanced settings. I am talking about the default and personally beloved Shadow4 skin here. I believe this is a texture resolution problem, and would really like it solved.

I am especially concerned with schedule views, as I use day view in combination with the to-do list heavily, with the occasional move into week view. Also, I would love to see settings for intervals between time items in schedules (the Chromophore skin had a similar function), as well as settings for separate font resizing in different windows (e.g. schedule views vs. list views)

After using Rainlendar for 5 years, I now need to plan my days in much more detail in a new professional context. I had planned to upgrade to the pro version and make a few colleagues do the same, but with the resolution and scaling problems as they are I now am somewhat less enthusiastic...
Don Ptah
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Window scaling improvement 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
There is a larger version of the calendar window for the Shadow4 skin. You can activate if from the Options->Skins if you click the "Advanced >>>" button. You can change the width and height of the day view window from the settings (in Context Menu: Windows->Settings->Day View) as well as the time interval. The font scaling unfortunately affects all windows so the only way to change it just in one place is to edit the skin manually.
Rainy
graph

I looked in the Advanced settings first, before asking for help. I'm not sure about the calendar window, but the day view doesn't have settings for time intervals or spacing between time points. Is it possible to change these manually?
Width and height of the day view window are indeed adjustable through advanced settings, which I did use a long time ago.

If it's possible to change the spacing & the fonts of different windows manually, I guess I'll have to dig the skin. If only I had more time for it...
Don Ptah
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I tinkered with the dayview.xml in the Shadow4 skin and managed to get the ideal fonts and proportions for most elements.

However, when I changed the height of time intervals (30 to 45), it somehow disrupted the relocation of events in the dayview grid. If I move them with a mouse, they snap to strange timepoints and change durations slightly. What are the correct code lines to modify to remedy this?

EDIT: to avoid this weird effect the timearea height should be set to an even number. Odd numbers in this field create the said effect.
Don Ptah
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2013/07/14 13:57 By Don Ptah.

Re:Window scaling improvement 1 Year, 2 Months ago  
Have you try the latest beta version ? (2.12 beta build 132) (www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=7&id=19573)
Because, the latest beta version seems had been supported this question.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop