Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Drag & drop items between windows
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Drag & drop items between windows
Drag & drop items between windows 1 Year, 5 Months ago  
It would be great if one could transform a TO-DO into an event by just moving it with a mouse from the TO-DO list into the event list (and vice versa). Events and TO-DOs are already mutually transformable in the manager. Items in schedule views can already be resized with a mouse. Also, TO-DOs could be added to the calendar by being drag & dropped into any schedule window (day, week or month view).

That way, I would finally have my methodology covered by Rainlendar. I build a biggish to-do list first, estimate each item's duration and finally assign time slots to them.
Don Ptah
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Drag & drop items between windows 1 Year, 5 Months ago  
The problem with changing event to tasks and vice versa is that you can lose information during the process. Events don't support all the same fields as tasks and you can leave the start and end times empty in tasks which you cannot do with events. You can do this from the manager dialog but you get a warning about it.
Rainy
graph

Ok, got it. Although I think it would have been beneficial for both categories to support all the fields. That way, people who always differentiate between to-dos and events will be able to import-export issues to other iCal apps, while those who pledge to Rainlendar will have more flexibility.

What about drag&dropping objects from the TO-DO list to the schedule windows to assign time to them?
Don Ptah
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

What about drag&dropping objects from the TO-DO list to the schedule windows to assign time to them?
That might be possible but there probably are some technical challenges getting it to work properly on all platforms. I'll think about it.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop