Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Ordering of Google Tasks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Ordering of Google Tasks
Re:Ordering of Google Tasks 11 Months, 1 Week ago  
Which version are you using?

For me, this feature is completely broken. The task ordering is completley different in Google and Rainlendar. Also dragging to any position doesn't work (always reverts to the old position).
izzy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I am using the latest beta version (b134), and also back to test the latest stable version (b129).

Add: Because my network is very slow and sometime will stuck, so I can not keep a long time on network.
anoob
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: TaiChung, Taiwan, R.O.C. Birthday: 02/12
Last Edit: 2013/11/12 00:00 By anoob.
I couldn't speak English! This skin released to Customize.org(Do you want it? Click Picture) Please contact me if interested: jhg5702@gmail.com

I tried this with the latest build and the ordering seems to work ok when the custom sorting is enabled but moving the tasks to the top of the list (or as the first subtask) fails for some reason. I'll check that.
Rainy
graph

I just did some debugging:

I assume that in the following log entry XXX is the position of the task?

Task: GOOGLE-TASK-MDAzNzgzOTE3OTg4NTc1MDIwMTg6MzoyMDM1MDg5NTky (0 - XXX) "Test" has no parent.

In this case is looks like Rainlendar has some issues converting the "position string" from a google task to the internal representation (integer?). Therefore the order of tasks simply doesn't represent the lexigraphical ordering of the positions strings.

BTW, I'm using 64 bit Linux - this could be the reason why others are not affected by this bug.

The actual dragging of tasks seems to work (the position string is changed like it should on the Google Servers) - but you don't see this in Rainlendar.
izzy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Yes, the "XXX" part in the debug log is the task position value. But at that point it is already parsed and converted to integer so if you actually see the value in the log then the conversion is not causing the problem. I can try to take a look at the issue if you send the Rainlendar's debug log to me (use the support email address and include a link to this forum thread). If you have multiple calendars enabled please disable all the others so that the log will contain only the calendar which has the problem.
Rainy
graph

Re:Ordering of Google Tasks 11 Months ago  
Actually it looks like exactly the conversion from the Google "position string" to the internal integer representation is broken (or maybe the internal representation is even completely random).

Today I don't have the time to do any more tests and create a log - but I'm pretty sure that I have seen something like this (ignore the exact numbers - it's just about the idea!)

"0000128837293" Task A
"0000128923823" Task B
"0000129378347" Task C

was converted to something like this

9786354 Task A
9674634 Task B
9681232 Taks C

Maybe my Google position stringers are larger than usual an don't fit into the integer representation?

Or maybe the problem is, that I have 3 different task lists?

Regards
Ingmar
izzy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop