Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

attaching data files
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: attaching data files
attaching data files 1 Year ago  
Hey,

My suggestion is to add a function that allows to attach data files (e. g. pdf files) to special entries in the calender. For example, if you make an entry in the calender for an upcoming stay in a hotel or flight, it'll be nice if I could attach the pdf file with the booking confirmation. In that case, you have always all information available regarding the booking even though you don't need to enter all data into the system. To make it safe and easier, it might be helpful to limit the formats to pictures, pdfs, doc, etc. What do you think ?

regards,

jumping_jack
jumping_jack
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: attaching data files 1 Year ago  
Welcome to the forum, jumping_jack.

The iCalendar format doesn't have the option to attach files. But if you have the file stored locally (or in a network), you can use it in the URL item. It will launch the default app defined in the system.
Jorge_Luis
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male My Rainlendar Skins Location: Argentina Birthday: 03/15

Re: attaching data files 1 Year ago  
It actually could be possible to encode the binaries to the iCalendar file but it would increase the file size considerably and probably cause performance problems when parsing the file. Maybe the attachments could be just copied to some local path and opened from there? This would naturally work only with local events. I'll need to think about this.
Rainy
graph

Re:attaching data files 1 Year ago  
Thanks for the quick answer. Yeah, it works to add the (local/ web) URL of the document. Then, I am able to open the document with the right program. But the problem is that, if the document isn't stored somewhere online (and in this case not protected with a password), you can see this document for example only on your computer. The big advantage would be if Rainlendar automatically also stores on all the other devices which are synchronized with the calendar (mobile phone, etc.). I hope you understand my idea.

But thanks again for your response.

jumping_jack
jumping_jack
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop