Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

A Very Simple IMAP/POP3 Mail Notifier
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: A Very Simple IMAP/POP3 Mail Notifier
A Very Simple IMAP/POP3 Mail Notifier 8 Months ago  
I've been using Rainlendar for a very long while and I really like it. I want to suggest this feature as I think it would be great.

For starters I realize that this is a calendar app not an email app. I would just like to have notification about new emails. My idea is this:

• You can add IMAP/POP3 accounts either in the Calendars section in options or in a new section (Mail)
    • For each account you can select how to open the mail (either default email client or just the URL of the webclient)
    • For POP3 you can select the poll frequency
  • A window like the Events or To Do lists. Here you have displayed each account plus the number of new emails. If you click on it the URL you selected should open.
  • When a new email is received you can have a popup (like the one for events) with just the account, the subject of the email and three options:
    • Open the URL
    • Dismiss
    • Dismiss and mark as read

I must emphasize that I don't want an integrated email client. I just want an email Notifier that works with IMAP or POP3 (and maybe in the future you could integrated it with Yahoo Mail). This should wotk similar to Gmail Notifier, if you know the app.

P.S. I apologize if there has been any discussion about this topic
bmvbooris
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Very Simple IMAP/POP3 Mail Notifier 7 Months, 4 Weeks ago  
It's quite unlikely that Rainlendar will have native support for email notifications but if you just want to see the new emails you probably could use e.g. some command line tool which checks the email and writes the results to a text file. You can then create a window in Rainlendar which shows the content from the text file (like the text file window in the Shadow4 Addon). This requires some knowledge of the lua scripting and I'm not sure if there is a suitable email tool available but if you can find one this kind of functionality should be doable.
Rainy
graph

Re:A Very Simple IMAP/POP3 Mail Notifier 6 Months, 1 Week ago  
Even though it's unlikely.
I would like to second on this one. :O
Just the headlines ("You got mail" and the is list is like birtdays/annyversaries, completely informative, with no actions etc.)
Oldorf
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
NNTP - Usenet - Newsgroups rocks, Forum's [CENSORED]

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop