I've been using Rainlendar for a very long while and I really like it. I want to suggest this feature as I think it would be great.
For starters I realize that this is a calendar app
not an email app. I would just like to have notification about new emails. My idea is this:
- You can add IMAP/POP3 accounts either in the Calendars section in options or in a new section (Mail)
- For each account you can select how to open the mail (either default email client or just the URL of the webclient)
- For POP3 you can select the poll frequency
- A window like the Events or To Do lists. Here you have displayed each account plus the number of new emails. If you click on it the URL you selected should open.
- When a new email is received you can have a popup (like the one for events) with just the account, the subject of the email and three options:
- Open the URL
- Dismiss and mark as read
I must emphasize that I don't want an integrated email client. I just want an email Notifier that works with IMAP or POP3 (and maybe in the future you could integrated it with Yahoo Mail). This should wotk similar to Gmail Notifier, if you know the app.
P.S. I apologize if there has been any discussion about this topic