Suggestion completely out of the gray matter :O
Dunno if this is a good idea, but I find myself changing the window size now and then.
Ad a keyboard shortcut, that when held down, the mouse can resize the window.
Still controlled by the windows own feature/settings:
- If only height can change, then only height changes.
- If only width can change, then only width changes.
- If height and with must be changed simultainously, then, that is the bahaviour.
- If the size can only change in steps of several pixels, then that is the bahaviour, when sizing.
- The sizing shold break, just like when you are moving a window (snapping).
When done the new diemnsions are stored, without having to go into the settings dialogs.
Having this option, would make it easier to control placement and sizes of the various windows on the Desktop.
And making it easier to place the windows in the right positions.
I know this is a rather time consuming feature, just a Christmas wish
... Ups! it's not Christmas ...