Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Better Snooze options and more
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Better Snooze options and more
Better Snooze options and more 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago  
I recently started using Rainlendar in conjunction with Google Calendar and I have found Rainlendar very useful as a desktop calendar program. Unfortunately I do have some problems with the user interface that I think should be improved upon if there are future updates:

1. The calendar interface is not intuitive.
I think Rainlendar would benefit greatly if it had the calendar view equivalent to the manager window. Something that is similar to the way other calendars allow users to view a week, day, or month and also read the events in at their scheduled times in those views.

2. I cannot double click on a day on the calendar and enter an event (though I can right click).

3. The ability to edit the interface for event lists, task lists, and the today list is too limited.
Some windows can change width, some can't and it is confusing. I suggest making one user there that allows heavy customization and making that the default. Shadow4 is probably the closest to something like that.

4. The alarm is terrible and limited.
The alarm should be a manageable window and not a popup. The snooze and dismiss options should be improved so that users do not have to manually input each amount for snooze time. Also, if there is more than one item in the alarm it tends to reset itself and chime again. I think there are many ways the alarm can be fixed (could be similar to Thunderbird or Efficient Calendar)

I enjoy using Rainlendar because it has some great features, but I would like to see the things mentioned above improve if improvements are ever going to be made to the software.
Waynerro
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014/08/09 20:03 By Waynerro.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Better Snooze options and more 3 Months, 1 Week ago  
1. A calendar view in the manager is planned but it's a low priority item at the moment.

2. Double clicking works only if there are no events on the day. Otherwise you'll get a menu. You can change this behaviour from Options->Advanced->"Double click action"

3. In the latest beta version it's possible to resize the windows with a mouse. There are also instructions in the Rainlendar's help how to edit the skins if you wish to customize them yourself.

4. I'll see if the alarm window could be improved in the future.
Rainy
graph

Re: Better Snooze options and more 3 Months, 1 Week ago  
As I said above, I really like using Rainlendar as a calendar program. I mostly like the desktop integration that allows me to see a list of tasks as soon as I start up my computer. Adding a calendar view to the manager and improving the alarm would make me happier with Rainlendar than I already am.
Waynerro
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop