Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New categories
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New categories
New categories 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
I am REALLY missing some categories.

Deadline [differs from the Work one, where Work is for when you get together with some collegues etc, but Deadline is ... the deadline.]
Party [i]a cocktail icon perhaps ?[/i]]
School A book icon perhaps?]
Get-together [2 classic stickmen holding hands?, this category is for when you just are going to hang out with your friends etc]
Date [A heart with a questionmark in the middle of it ?]
AoOs
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New categories 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
In that case, I REALLY think you should add them ...

Step one - go to Options / Advanced / Categories - add at will. Once done, you will have what you need.

Step two - if you're serious about the graphics - go edit a skin (Or look for a soul-mate who has already created your perfect skin.) You'll find information about messing with the skin in the Help-file and on this board.

ok

<br><br>Post edited by: okh, at: 2007/02/07 13:22
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Re:New categories 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hey it would be great if we could download sets of categories. For instance for some one at school you could have homework, tests, exams, extracurricular stuff, etc. I think that would be a great way to make Rainlendat appeal to a wider range of people...

Thanks
Rainy Day
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Categories are listed in C:\Documents and Settings\&lt;usr&gt;\.rainlendar2\rainlendar2.ini (or &lt;usr&gt;/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini under Linux). It is pretty easy to add the categories either in the file or in the &quot;options&quot;.

But you are right. I am (slowly) changing the skin I use for myself, and it is heavily based on Categories. I keep all the &quot;standard&quot; ics categories used by most apps, but because of the skin I add other Categories (like European Holidays - nice EU flag added to date, or Astro - nice star added for full moon and such).

Which brings me to a very tempting conclusion - could the &quot;listed&quot; categories also be read from the defined categories in &quot;elements&quot; in the xml skin file? That way users would have a choice of the &quot;special&quot; categories also used in the skin?

ok

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

I don't see any reason why the list couldn't show also the skin's categories. I'll add it to my todo-list.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop