Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New categories
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New categories
New categories 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
I am REALLY missing some categories.

Deadline [differs from the Work one, where Work is for when you get together with some collegues etc, but Deadline is ... the deadline.]
Party [i]a cocktail icon perhaps ?[/i]]
School A book icon perhaps?]
Get-together [2 classic stickmen holding hands?, this category is for when you just are going to hang out with your friends etc]
Date [A heart with a questionmark in the middle of it ?]
AoOs
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New categories 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
In that case, I REALLY think you should add them ...

Step one - go to Options / Advanced / Categories - add at will. Once done, you will have what you need.

Step two - if you're serious about the graphics - go edit a skin (Or look for a soul-mate who has already created your perfect skin.) You'll find information about messing with the skin in the Help-file and on this board.

ok

<br><br>Post edited by: okh, at: 2007/02/07 13:22
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Hey it would be great if we could download sets of categories. For instance for some one at school you could have homework, tests, exams, extracurricular stuff, etc. I think that would be a great way to make Rainlendat appeal to a wider range of people...

Thanks
Rainy Day
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Categories are listed in C:\Documents and Settings\&lt;usr&gt;\.rainlendar2\rainlendar2.ini (or &lt;usr&gt;/.rainlendar2/rainlendar2.ini under Linux). It is pretty easy to add the categories either in the file or in the &quot;options&quot;.

But you are right. I am (slowly) changing the skin I use for myself, and it is heavily based on Categories. I keep all the &quot;standard&quot; ics categories used by most apps, but because of the skin I add other Categories (like European Holidays - nice EU flag added to date, or Astro - nice star added for full moon and such).

Which brings me to a very tempting conclusion - could the &quot;listed&quot; categories also be read from the defined categories in &quot;elements&quot; in the xml skin file? That way users would have a choice of the &quot;special&quot; categories also used in the skin?

ok

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

I don't see any reason why the list couldn't show also the skin's categories. I'll add it to my todo-list.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop