Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Why require Outlook as default mail client?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Why require Outlook as default mail client?
Why require Outlook as default mail client? 7 Years, 10 Months ago  
I was thinking seriously of buying the Pro version of Rainlendar. However, there's a fatal problem.

I use Microsoft Outlook ONLY to manage my calendar, and the only reason I do that is that only by using Outlook can I sync with my mobile phone. I use Firefox as a browser and Thunderbird as my mail client.

So I was very disappointed when trying to get Rainlendar to show my Outlook calendar that it demanded that I set Outlook as the default mail client for my system.

Sorry, no way! I dislike almost all Microsoft applications (except its programming tools). Love Firefox, love Thunderbird. I don't like Rainlendar enough to give up Thunderbird!<br><br>Post edited by: balthazar, at: 2007/02/24 07:13
balthazar
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Why require Outlook as default mail client? 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
For some reason the MAPI initialization fails in Outlook 2000 if it's not the default email client. Outlook 2003 does not have this limitation.
Rainy
graph

Re:Why require Outlook as default mail client? 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
I had the same problem with Outlook 2000. Since I don't have Outlook 2003 I hoped that installing Outlook 2002 (or Outlook XP), which came with my pda, would solve the problem - but initially that was no solution, I got the same error message when I switched back my default email program to Eudora. But after updating my Outlook 2002 using all available patches at the Microsoft Office update section the error disappeared. I've tried the same with Outlook 2000 but unfortunately updating Outlook 2000 with all available patches doesn't solve the problem with this version of Outlook. So if you don't have Outlook 2003 you can also solve the problem using Outlook 2002 with all of the latest patches.
Horn
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop