Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Clear all fields when creating new event/task
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Clear all fields when creating new event/task
Clear all fields when creating new event/task 3 Weeks, 6 Days ago  
Currently, when I create a new event (whether from manager or from tray icon -> "new event") Rainlendar remembers the last options I chose. E.g. if I previously created a birthday event for some acquaintance (which I put in ics Birthdays), when I create a new event, Rainlendar automatically chooses Birthdays.ics and the event type "Birthday".

Could you add an option that, when checked, would make Rainlendar create any new event from blank slate (empty fields and set calendar to default)?

Yes, I know that I can create a template for this, but then I have to remember to apply it every time that I create an event. I rarely designate event types or use specialized calendars, so I remember about changing them when they need to be non-default, but forget to do it when they should be "normal". For me it goes like this: I create an event, choose a date, enter a description, add it, and only then, looking at the month view on my desktop, see that it has some event type! Or that it went to some specialized calendar (generally all events go to the default calendar - that's why it's the default one).

That is why adding a clear template won't solve anything: like now I forget clearing event type or changing the calendar back to default, I would just forget to select this clear template.

I realize that some (probably most) people are fine with the current behaviour, but I'm not asking to change it, just add an option, so that people that are fine with things as they are could keep it that way, and people like me could have this "blank slate" new event.

After all, aren't things like Rainlendar exactly about reducing the need to worry about small things you keep forgetting about?
KzerZa
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Clear all fields when creating new event/task 3 Weeks ago  
If you set the template as default it gets applied automatically for new events so you don't have to select it from the menu.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop