Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Todo Suggestion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Todo Suggestion
Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 8 Months ago  
Allow for todo to be entered, edited and completed directly in the todo window.

ie
Single Click a current task lets you edit it.
Right Click Completes it.
Double Click Removes it

But none of these require a popup window to do so.
calpha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Never use a "Double Click" for delete as Windows tends to be slow at times and a user will get impatient and click again. "Shift" + "Click" and "Shift" + "Double Click" should be used instead for delete.

As far as opening the item with a "Click", "Double Click" should be used instead. Since touchpad users, like myself, would be furious at having it open each time when doing a "Single Click" instead of selecting it, due to the way a touchpad works.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I second it.<br><br>Post edited by: JWvanLohuizen, at: 2007/06/06 05:30
JWvanLohuizen
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
I agree-- directly clicking (right click, or shift + click) on a &quot;to do&quot; item to mark it complete would make this marvelous program almost perfect. Another solution would be to allow a hotkey assignment for &quot;completed&quot; or &quot;dismissed&quot; to do items.

I would also like to have completed items shown in strikeout, rather than shadowed. I tried editing the xml file, but when I put &quot;strikeout&quot; in formatting, the item just disappeared!

Final thoughts: would be nice to be able to set completed items to hide after 24 hours, or 1 day, or 1 week, etc. I like to remember what I have done for the day, and then start the next day fresh.

What a marvelous program. I love it's simplicity and integration with the desktop. Yippee.

shelley
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
BTW-- doesn't double click open the item already? It does on my computer...

Also, until something better comes along, I have set Control + T as a hotkey for &quot;create todo list item&quot; which works well for me.
shelley
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop