Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Todo Suggestion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Todo Suggestion
Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Allow for todo to be entered, edited and completed directly in the todo window.

ie
Single Click a current task lets you edit it.
Right Click Completes it.
Double Click Removes it

But none of these require a popup window to do so.
calpha
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
Never use a "Double Click" for delete as Windows tends to be slow at times and a user will get impatient and click again. "Shift" + "Click" and "Shift" + "Double Click" should be used instead for delete.

As far as opening the item with a "Click", "Double Click" should be used instead. Since touchpad users, like myself, would be furious at having it open each time when doing a "Single Click" instead of selecting it, due to the way a touchpad works.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I second it.<br><br>Post edited by: JWvanLohuizen, at: 2007/06/06 05:30
JWvanLohuizen
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
I agree-- directly clicking (right click, or shift + click) on a &quot;to do&quot; item to mark it complete would make this marvelous program almost perfect. Another solution would be to allow a hotkey assignment for &quot;completed&quot; or &quot;dismissed&quot; to do items.

I would also like to have completed items shown in strikeout, rather than shadowed. I tried editing the xml file, but when I put &quot;strikeout&quot; in formatting, the item just disappeared!

Final thoughts: would be nice to be able to set completed items to hide after 24 hours, or 1 day, or 1 week, etc. I like to remember what I have done for the day, and then start the next day fresh.

What a marvelous program. I love it's simplicity and integration with the desktop. Yippee.

shelley
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Todo Suggestion 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
BTW-- doesn't double click open the item already? It does on my computer...

Also, until something better comes along, I have set Control + T as a hotkey for &quot;create todo list item&quot; which works well for me.
shelley
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop