Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

ToDo Suggestion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: ToDo Suggestion
ToDo Suggestion 7 Years, 7 Months ago  
Currently, when there is an item on your ToDo list and the due date set is the current day, it marks it as Important and shows up red. I'd like to suggest a variable in the Advanced settings where you can set x days before the due date for it to be marked important (or have a checkbox in the alarm setting).<br><br>Post edited by: opzero, at: 2007/05/21 16:10
opzero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ToDo Suggestion 7 Years, 6 Months ago  
Are you sure that entry isn't a &quot;Past Due&quot; item?

An entries font color becomes Light Red when it becomes &quot;Past Due&quot; not Dark Red like &quot;Important&quot; items.
JWvanLohuizen
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Hmm, I guess my monitor is poorly calibrated, because the colours are identicle to me. However, I do notice a difference in the black stroke around the two.

Anywho, if that's the case, then I'd like to suggest a bolding/colour change for items approaching the due date
opzero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I checked to make sure and there is no difference in the default skin and the skin I use.

I looked again and very closely and on one place on my screen it looks a different shade and I looked at the other and it looks the same. Maybe I have a screen issue but I have a fairly new lcd screen.

If that is the case then the key difference is that there is a thick black border around the font when it is important and not one when it is past due.

I checked and an item that has a due date that hasn't occurred and not marked important is white and thin while an time that is not marked as important but past due is a thin red font.

I guess it appears somewhat darker could be an optical illusion or a bleed over of the thick black around the font when an item is marked important.

Back to your comment. When the current day is set as the due date it appears as white. It only becomes red when it becomes past due. But even then it is not marked as important with the thick black font border that goes all the way around the font. Instead it appears as a thinner red font with a black shadow.

I asked Rainy about changing the important to yellow and add a category as urgent be the current red like important but he thought that would confuse people so I would assume that making something important just because it is approaching past due would also confuse people since they hadn't marked something as important themselves. I think there is far too much red as it is and that's why I think that yellow meaning caution and red meaning asap would make more sense.

However, he might see your suggestion differently, I don't know.

Thanks for posting
JWvanLohuizen
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I checked to make sure and there is no difference in the default skin and the skin I use.

I looked again and very closely and on one place on my screen it looks a different shade and I looked at the other and it looks the same. Maybe I have a screen issue but I have a fairly new lcd screen.

If that is the case then the key difference is that there is a thick black border around the font when it is important and not one when it is past due.

I checked and an item that has a due date that hasn't occurred and not marked important is white and thin while an time that is not marked as important but past due is a thin red font.

I guess it appears somewhat darker could be an optical illusion or a bleed over of the thick black around the font when an item is marked important.

Back to your comment. When the current day is set as the due date it appears as white. It only becomes red when it becomes past due. But even then it is not marked as important with the thick black font border that goes all the way around the font. Instead it appears as a thinner red font with a black shadow.

Maybe Rainy would change the past due to a salmon colored reddish pink and it would be more obvious.

I asked Rainy about changing the important to yellow and add a category as urgent be the current red like important but he thought that would confuse people so I would assume that making something important just because it is approaching past due would also confuse people since they hadn't marked something as important themselves. I think there is far too much red as it is and that's why I think that yellow meaning caution and red meaning asap would make more sense.

However, he might see your suggestion differently, I don't know.

Thanks for posting<br><br>Post edited by: JWvanLohuizen, at: 2007/06/17 04:49
JWvanLohuizen
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop