Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Custom Categories
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Custom Categories
Custom Categories 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
I know I already posted it in General Discussions, but I wanted this to be in the list of possible features to add and I have something to add as well.

It's about making custom categories of events. For example, I'd like to make a new category, let's say 'Party'. I'd go to this category management screen and I'd make a new category. I'd call it 'Party' and specify which color I'd like to have for the text in the Events list and which color I'd want the number on the calendar to be.
If I'd want to, I'd do the same thing for other installed skins as well.

Would that be an idea? I can imagine it'd be a lot of work, but if you do it, it'll be a good improvement of Rainlendar. At least for me it will be, because most of the categories available now are not relevant for me.
RemiX
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Custom Categories 7 Years, 2 Months ago  
If you right click on the system tray "Rainlender2" icon and then click "Options" and then click the "Advanced" Tab you will find a customizable "Default Categories" option.

Simple click in the 2nd column and then click the button with "..." and you can add a category and set the order preference there.

Godspeed:)

P.S.: When you cross post then please include a link to the original post by opening the original and then copying and pasting the URL into the second post inside the URL tag created by clicking the URL button for the Boardcode at the top of post creation window..

I found it but it was much later and I could have saved time by not reposting the instructions for adding custom categories already placed as a reply to your original post.

Thank you for your attention to this courtesy and keep posting to this forum. We all need to help improve the best calender program in the world.

http://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&amp;Itemid=27&amp;func=view&amp;id=2143&amp;catid=8<br><br>Post edited by: JWvanLohuizen, at: 2007/06/06 05:44
JWvanLohuizen
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I'd like a way to customize the categories, like specifiing the colors, font-size and icons for each category. Futhermore, it would be nice to let rainlendar apply a categorie based on specific words.
For example, I have one personal calendar, where I keep track of my appointments and birthdays, therefore, both are displayed as the same categorie. If you could enter a 'rule' to apply the category 'birthday' when the word 'birthday' occures, it would be much easier than using multiple calendars for each category.
arne
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Exactly, that's what I'm talking about (what arne said). But I hadn't noticed the option to change category names, so thanks for pointing that out, JWvanLohuizen.
And you're right about the cross posting and I will include a link next time.
RemiX
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Custom Categories 7 Years ago  
I'd like to see different colors for the categories, too!
Raining man
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop