Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Window snapping issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Window snapping issues
Window snapping issues 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hi,

I've two tiny suggestions regarding window snapping:

1) Please make the windows / calendar also snap to the top edge of the task bar!

2) I'm usually snapping my TODO list to the top right screen corner. When I hide the TODO list via Alt+2, it jumps down a little bit from the top screen edge, and then fades out. Pressing Alt+2 again displays the TODO list again at the "jumped down" position. I'd prefer that toggling the window's visibility does not alter the window's position. BTW: It might be that this only happens for empty TODO lists, as I do not see the same behavior for my filled EVENTS window.

Thanks.
eyebex
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Window snapping issues 7 Years, 1 Month ago  
1) I'll check if that can be done.

2) I'm unable to reproduce this. The window stays in the same place when I toggle it. As empty as well as with items.
Rainy
graph

1) Thanks.

2) I was trying to capture a small video to show you better what's going on, but unfortunately the capturing applications I've tried so far (Wink, SCREEN2EXE) cannot capture Rainlendar's windows (they are just invisible). Do you know any (free) capture program that might work?
eyebex
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Try changing Rainlendar's transparency to Region or Copy. The native transparency probably doesn't work well with the screen capture programs.
Rainy
graph

Thanks for the hint. With the transparency set to "Copy" I've captured the following video:

threekings.tk/tmp/RainlendarToDo.exe

The top and right edges of the video match the top and right edges of my desktop. I'm hiding the TODO window using the menu and display it again using Alt+2. As you can see the window does not reappear where it disappeared.

Note that you do not see the window &quot;jumping down&quot; as with the &quot;Native&quot; transparency mode because in &quot;Native&quot; mode the window takes some time to disappear because it smoothly fades out.<br><br>Post edited by: eyebex, at: 2007/06/24 13:39
eyebex
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

If you disable the snapping (Set Options-&gt;Advanced-&gt;Snap distance to 0) does that keep the todo window in place?
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop