Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Use outlook:// links to aid Outlook interaction?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Use outlook:// links to aid Outlook interaction?
Use outlook:// links to aid Outlook interaction? 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Back in January stoi2m1 had a good idea for a new feature that wasn't noticed so I thought I'd reiterate it here:

"What I was wondering is can you make all items a link so that it opens up the task or calendar within Outlook for updating that particular item. This way all items are still managed by Outlook and only displayed by Rainlender."

This would be a great way around the problems with getting Rainlendar to write to Outlook, which is a much-requested feature. Instead, the data is still managed by Outlook but getting to the appropriate UI is much easier. (Outlook links work by sending the system to a outlook:// link, see www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm)

For a good example of this in action, check out the To Do section of the 'Day Planner' widget of Yahoo Widgets. It cannot write to Outlook, but clicking the to do item pops up the Outlook dialog that lets you edit or delete it there and then.

Thanks very much, excellent application.

-Ian
funkyb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Use outlook:// links to aid Outlook interaction? 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
Interesting suggestion. I've been thinking about adding support for urls to Rainlendar and this would be a great use case for them. I'll check how much work this would require.
Rainy
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop