Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

changing or deleting one item in repeated event
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: changing or deleting one item in repeated event
changing or deleting one item in repeated event 7 Years ago  
Hello,

It would be neat if you could change just *one* item when you have defined a event which will last for a certain period (repeated event).

Example: every week I have rehearsal on Monday, so I set an new event at the 27th of August and repeating it until the concert on 17th of December. However, there will be a holiday at the 22th of October and no rehearsal at the 12th of November due to other reasons. I would like to skip those two ones but now Rainlendar is allowing me only to change all items at once.

Otherwise I have to do three actions: first setting an event on the 27th of August until the 15th of October, then another one for the period 29th October to the 5th of November and at last from the 19th of November to the 17th of December. That would be a little clumsy I think. Things are getting even more complicated if there are also other changes to be made: for instance some rehearsals are on different times or at different locations.

In respect to these I think there are two features a bit lacking in Rainlendar:

1. after setting a repeated event, the option to change or delete just separate ones of them, leaving the others unaffected, and/or:
2. copying an already existing event to a different date, also leaving the original one unaffected.

I hope this will add some improvements to Rainlendar! <br><br>Post edited by: stoffel56, at: 2007/06/29 10:23
stoffel56
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:changing or deleting one item in repeated event 7 Years ago  
If you take a look at the recurrence tab for that event, you will see an area to add exception dates. Any dates you add to that list will not show the recurring event.
crm152
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:changing or deleting one item in repeated event 7 Years ago  
Aha, i see, you're quit right!
So this problem been solved, thanks a lot!
stoffel56
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop