Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Window positioning
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Window positioning
Window positioning 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
Hi,

while playing around with portrait / landscape display orientations I managed to get some states where Rainlendar was not visible anywhere anymore although it was running. To prevent such cases, I'd like to propose the following changes:

1) Prevent windows from being positioned off-screen. Whenever the visibility of a window is toggled on with Alt+<number> (and also when Rainlender starts), it should be checked whether that window is fully visible on-screen. If not, its position should be clamped so it it. If there are cases where this behavior is undesired, this could be an "Prevent windows from opening off-screen" option.

2) In case all windows and the tray icon are hidden, there is no way getting back any part of the Rainlendar GUI other than stopping Rainlender, editing the config file manually, and restarting it. My suggestion would be that in this case (everything is hidden and Rainlendar is running), if Rainlendar is started again, it just toggles the visibility of the tray icon on for the already running instance. That would be a great help.

Thanks.
eyebex
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Window positioning 7 Years, 5 Months ago  
1) There is such option already Options->Advanced->Keep on screen. It moves just the edge of the window inside the screen area though.

2) Yes, toggling the tray icon might be a good idea in that case. I'll think about it.
Rainy
graph

1) Is it possible that this option does not take the Windows task bar into account, especially with non-standard heights? In my case, the calendar was not visible although "Keep on screen" was enabled because the upper edge of the calendar was exactly aligned with the upper edge of my 2-rows-high task bar. So I had to hide the task bar, move up the calendar, and show the task bar again. It would really be great if this option would force the full windows to be visible on screen.
eyebex
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Yes, I guess it could check the task bar too. I'll add this to my todo list.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop