Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Full View with events readable
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Full View with events readable
Full View with events readable 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
I use an online calendar for collaboration and a no longer supported calendar (Windates) for reminders and I am now trying to switch to Rainlender 2.
There is one HUGE feature both of my other calendars have that Rainlender does not:
A view of the Calendar that shows full text of all events/appointments/etc on the actual calendar page. You could call this the "refrigerator" view because it's just how people use a calendar on the fridge. You can see everything for today + what's coming up. It would be terrific if you could just click on (say) the Month at the top of the mini calendar and it popped open a full editable window showing the full text of all appointments for that month.
(I hate how google's calendar truncates the text just so the box size is the same for each day. Who cares about box size and making it pretty! You don't want to have to click again on each cell to see what's happening on that day).

Attached is a screencap of the online calendar I use and another of Windates (desktop reminder program).
The online calendar can't do audible alarms, the desktop calendar can't do collaboration. So I'm looking at Rainlenda r.

Thanks!
rochlin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Full View with events readable 7 Years, 4 Months ago  
There are at least some plans to add different views (month, week, day) to the Manager dialog. I'm not sure though when it's going to be implemented.
Rainy
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Full View with events readable 7 Years, 3 Months ago  
I think this is definitely an important feature. Rainlendar's icon view makes it very difficult to get an at-a-glance picture of the upcoming day, week, month, etc. I really do look forward to the implementation of this feature, but for now it is difficult to stick to Rainlendar without the need for another calendar application.

Until this gets implemented, does anyone have any suggestions as to a program with similar functionality and slick appearance but with this feature included?
a.k.s.
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop