Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

log/diary module (very simple)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: log/diary module (very simple)
log/diary module (very simple) 7 Years, 12 Months ago  
Hossa,

There's one thing that's keeping me from making Rainlendar the only PIM I need (apart from Thunderbird, natch): A simple logging/diary module.
I won't bother you with details, but what I'm thinking of is a tool to "log" important (non-task and non-appointment) items that you want to keep track of for later retrieval.
It basically boils down to writing a timestamp, description and tags/categories to a CSV-style file.

A more detailed explanation of the underlying concept - along with a simple implementation - can be found over at the AutoHotkey forums (shameless self-promotion - but there's also a VBS implementation that inspired me in the first place).

I think something like this would be a great addition to Rainlendar, and it'd only take very little effort to implement.
However, I realize that it's not part of RL's core concept, so how about a plug-in for this (not sure what that would require tho)?

Thoughts? Comments? Flamings?<br><br>Post edited by: Ace_NoOne, at: 2006/11/07 06:05
Ace_NoOne
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:log/diary module (very simple) 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
The iCalendar standard does include journal entries which probably could be used here. And there has been a lot of requests for some kind of notes module too, which I probably have to implement some day just get people to shut up I'm not sure though how these kind of notes/journal entries should be shown in the desktop. As a separate windows (post-it notes) or as a single list?
Rainy
graph

Re:log/diary module (very simple) 7 Years, 11 Months ago  
Rainy wrote:
[...] I probably have to implement some day just get people to shut up Nice to see the pressure's working...

I'm not sure though how these kind of notes/journal entries should be shown in the desktop. As a separate windows (post-it notes) or as a single list?Actually, in my concept, the journal entries would not be shown on the desktop at all. You'd only bring 'em up if you're looking for something specific (thus the tags), kind of like searching a database.

The post-it notes sound like a nice idea as well, but I guess that wouldn't be much different from non-dated tasks!? (Many of the entries in my to do list pretty much serve the exact same purpose as sticky notes would.)<br><br>Post edited by: Ace_NoOne, at: 2006/11/10 16:01
Ace_NoOne
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop