Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

*.deb package for Ubuntu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: *.deb package for Ubuntu
*.deb package for Ubuntu 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I think the installation with *.deb package should solve an autostart problem in Ubuntu. Ubuntu can't manage with autostart program from a directory (like Rainlendar is) and sometimes it just doesn't start (there was a thread about this).
brajan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:*.deb package for Ubuntu 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
There will be a .deb package with the next build but I'm not sure how it would help anything with the startup since basically it just copies the files to /usr/share, creates a link to /usr/bin and adds the icon to Gnome's menu. Is there something I'm missing here?
Rainy
graph

Well I don't know too, how should it help ... That's just speculations . The problem of starting in ubuntu lies in config file 'Rainlendar-user_name'. If I open it with a text editor there is only number in it. What does this number mean? When the program doesn't want to start then I must to remove it and try again.
I don't know what this file is for but I think that in next releases the logic of starting program should be changed, because the popularity of the program is falling down.
Even I'm loosing my patience, and I'm using it for 2 years... It would be a pity because I don't want to stop using it.
brajan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

The file is a lock which prevents multiple instances of the application from starting. The number is the process identifier. I don't know all the details how it works since it's provided by the framework but if you cannot start Rainlendar unless you delete the file it would mean that you already have one instance running. If you cannot get it to work properly or perhaps want to have multiple instances running you can always start Rainlendar with -m command line argument which ignores the multiple instance check.
Rainy
graph

That's work perfectly!!! Thanks!
I think that the problem with autostart lies in Gnome, and not in Rainlendar. I sometimes noticed the program wants to start before the Gnome tray is started... this is realy strange, because the tray icon lies not in tray but under the panel. The same problem I have with Kadu (sometimes tray icon just doesn't show,but program starts) so it must be a problem of Gnome itself. I have never had this problems when I was using Fluxbox

PS. You realy do great job Thanks for this super program
brajan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

[EDIT]
And I have new suggestion about start of the Rainlendar. If I want to try to start the program, and the Rainlendar is running, then the MessageBox should show with text something like: "Rainlendar is running on your computer. Do You want to start it anyway?", buttons Yes or No. And there should be a checkbox, and when a check it, then the answer should be always Yes without showing MessageBox next time. That would solve this problem of "not starting rainlendar"
brajan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2007/10/29 19:29 By brajan.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop