Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

multiple calendar profiles.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: multiple calendar profiles.
multiple calendar profiles. 8 Years, 1 Month ago  
I think it would be intressting t have multiple profiles of calendars, and you could easily by few clicks change profile.

Why?

say you have a job calendar, a hobby calendar, calendar for kids etc.
If you want to have everything in one place, no problem, but what if you want share calendar entries with a group of coleagues, team players etc.

Today this is possible by starting several calendars?

What I would like is to have a profile where I can share (server) my events and one private for my own daily work.

/BK
BerhanK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:multiple calendar profiles. 8 Years, 1 Month ago  
This is VERY possible and I have two calendars, one which I share with my partner, one for me personally. Both Calendars exist on a WEBDEV server so regardless if I am at work / home I still have full access to my calendars at any time..
ozgreg
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

I know, and what i wanted is simply not having to start two or more calendars but have only one loaded and then chose profile (private/business/company/soccer club schedule etc), so with one click I could change the profiles.

Also on some profiles I might be the server while on others connect to server, or no server at all.

Today you have to load several calendars to achieve that, I was hoping to be able to do that with only one calendar loaded and then changing the profiles (then dates/chedules change when you change your profile).
/BK
BerhanK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I don't really see the advantage, you already can do all this, an even with an easy 2 clicks. Sure you have to setup multiple calendars, but if you did it with profiles you would have to set up the rules to the profiles, as to who can see them or not. Not only that but, you wouldn't be able to keep anything private, if someone wanted to see your events they could use a different program or open the ics file in a text editor.

What advantage is there to profiles, or what is the disadvantage to more than one calendar?
he_the_great
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Nascent hethegreat

What advantage is there to profiles, or what is the disadvantage to more than one calendar?

well, with profiles, I could set what profile can be accessed from clients(acting as server).

run only one copy of the program, save some memory, do not use whole of my 2nd monitor to calendars.

I have to MANUALLY check if there are conflicts in the 2 calendars, ie saturday there is a game with club and maybe I get a job oportunity, maybe a bad example but you see the point.

I do not want to show both calendars, just what's important to me now, ie private calendar.

OF course it can be done with two, and if you need 3, it can be done as well, but it's jus a suggestion
BerhanK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

It's not necessary to run several copies of the application to be able to have different calendars. A "calendar" in Rainlendar2 means a set of events that are usually stored in a ics-file. It's not the window that shows the days of the month (or well I guess that's a calendar too but it's not what was meant here). You can have several of those event sets visible in the same month window at the same time. You can also hide a calendar from the context menu if you don't want to see it always.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop