Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

multiple calendar profiles.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: multiple calendar profiles.
Re:multiple calendar profiles. 7 Years, 9 Months ago  
Look, I am failing to explain myself.

I simlpy want a calendar (dates and times of my events) visible to me on my home computer. It coud be things at kids school, famil matters, visiting something/someone

I also have a company and want to set some dates/tasks/deadlines and let others connect to my rainlendar "server" and see (download the events). I don't want my employees to see my "private" calendar, just the company related events.

That's what I ment.
BerhanK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

So why cannot you just create two calendars (Options->Calendars) like suggested earlier? One where you put your private events and another one for your work events. Then set up your server so that only you can download the ics-file that contains the private events and make the public file accessible for your employees.
Rainy
graph

I can of course, then I had to check manually on both calendars if there is a conflict on given day.

I realise now there will not be any profiles feature.

It probably has to do with how I use the software, and how I should use it instead.

As a developer (myself too) though, you have to think outside the box and let users use your software the way they want and find suitable, not just how you want them to use it.

I see starting two copies of any program to do something, not the correct way of doing things, it can be done though.
BerhanK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I still don't understand what the profiles make possible that cannot be done already with the current version of Rainlendar2. And why would you have to run two copies of the program? Do you want to have two versions of the same month on your desktop at the same time? I thought that is exactly the opposite you wanted.
Rainy
graph

I have not tried the latest Rainlendar, so it could be that, but I use the older version (0.22.1).

I am not sure I can do what I want with the new version.

That is separating private and business events, and letting business events be downloaded b my co-leagues.

That is what I want to do, ignore the rofiles thing, my question is how then, if possible. Remember I want only my business events to be seen by others not my private.

I do not want to send them any files but give them the ip to my server and let them download the events by the program itself. But again only events that they are suppposed to have.

/BK
BerhanK
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

This forum is for Rainlendar 2.0. The old version 0.22.1 is not supported or developed anymore.

Anyway, it is possible to create filters for the old server so that it ignores your private events. You can try to search the old forum (ipi.fi/~rainy/forum/index.php) for more details.
Rainy
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop