Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Memo/Note attached to entries
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Memo/Note attached to entries
Memo/Note attached to entries 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
This week-end, I remembered my Psion where I kept memos attached to to-do entries. It was a useful feature popular amongst many psionists.

Now - although this may not have been intended - it is actually reasonably easy to recreate in Rainlendar using the wiki-links:

Code:

Julegaver [[d:\cal\julegaver2007.txt][julegaver2007.txt]]

Provided there is indeed such a file (julegaver2007.txt in the cal directory), this works like a charm. Click on Julegaver, you get the entry, click on the text in the last brackets (julegaver2007.txt, or whatever), you get the file.

However - I would have preferred if I could use relative links to the file-system (skipping the path), but if I do, Rainlendar/OS goes off in search of a URL instead. The advantage of using a relative link, would be that the feature would work under Linux as well.

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
okhoff
Last Edit: 2007/11/12 04:22 By okh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Memo/Note attached to entries 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
Could be useful indeed!

-- Per Nielsen
rfu
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Memo/Note attached to entries 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
I'm new to this so don't bash me too hard, but I can't click the link, I guess you're supposed to click the *.txt in the conversation bubble that pops up when you hover your mouse over the entry, but it's unclickable since it goes away when I move the mouse.
zarz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

No bashing required. Try clicking the link in the Event List or To Do list - that should work. The pop-up balloon is, as you say, to evasive to catch.

(Also, there may be an issue with the release - you need to have a reasonably new version of Rainlendar, possibly the links are only available in existing beta versions - available for download in the beta forums. New release shouldn't be too far away, though.)
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Of some reason I only see the link in popup-balloon but not in the event list, is there some setting for that?
zarz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Sounds strange, but appearance of links can be defined in skin. If you use the format indicated, and click the file name, you should get the file (if it exists). At least provided you use a recent build (see About).

ok
okh
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
okhoff

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop