Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Save alarms as google reminders
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Save alarms as google reminders
Save alarms as google reminders 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
I'm Rainlendar to remind me of events in my Google Calendar. Several people are accessing that particular Google Calendar.

When I create an event with an alarm, the event will be saved without any alarms on Google Calendar. The computer that created the event will still show an alarm at the right time. Another computer notices the new event at the next sync with GCal, but it never shows an alarm.

Google Calendar allows creating Reminders as "PopUps". Wouldn't it be possible to create such a PopUp when uploading a new event? And vice versa, interpret PopUps as alarms when receiving a new event?

I've missed several events because of this now, until I noticed that alarms don't sync between different computers. I'm sure there are others out there.

Apart from this, I think Rainlendar is the nicest piece of slim, functional shareware software that I've seen for a long time! NICE!!!
zxmon21
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Save alarms as google reminders 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
Rainlendar should already support Google Calendar's alarms. Try the latest build if the current release doesn't work.
Rainy
graph

Re:Save alarms as google reminders 6 Years, 8 Months ago  
Thanks!
I re-installed the "latest version" = build 44, and that DIDN'T post alarms.
I replaced all my files with build 50 (your link above), and then the Google Alarms appeared as planned.

Thanks for the quick help

I'm a happy customer, and I'll keep recommending you

(PS: I also see the empty context menu when clicking in my event-list, like it's been described elsewhere. No big deal, I get all the functions I need)
zxmon21
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop