Error 403 from Google Calendar? Upgrade to the new Google Calendar support. See here for details. close
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Printing Out My Day
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Printing Out My Day
Printing Out My Day 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
First, kudos on a fine application!

So far, Rainlendar does everything I need a Calendar application to do except for printing a day's view.

Yes, I know I can use the manager to print an overview of the weeks events, and it can print another page with my To-Do items, but I would like to print-out on a half-page piece of paper BOTH today's Events AND To-Do items.

I am a fairly adept programmer. Is there a way to script this? I would like to avoid the multi-step process of having to export the information and import it into another app just to print.

If this cannot be done at this time, I hope you would consider adding this feature! Cheers!
DarenM
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Printing Out My Day 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
It's not possible at the moment but is probably an useful feature so I'll add it to my todo list.
Rainy
graph

Re:Printing Out My Day 6 Years, 10 Months ago  
I'm sure there are many people that are coming from the paper-based datebook side of things that would like to print-out their schedule in a format that can replace their datebook but still be taken with them during the day. Think Day-Timer 1-page per day and 2 pagers per week formats.

My question about scripting was related to this. I wanted to know whether I could custom-generate printed pages from within your application. In the mean-time, I have started writing a VB.Net app that reads directly from the Calendar file and can generate the report I need.
DarenM
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Printing Out My Day 6 Years, 9 Months ago  
DarenM: can you share this VB.net app with us? (Source code preferable). I am looking for this, too, and it would be totally awesome.
PoojanWagh
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Yes -- as soon as I finish writing it!

Seriously, I began writing it but got side-tracked by life, holidays, taxes, etc. I'll spend some time finishing it and give you an update then.
DarenM
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Much appreciated. Thanks.
PoojanWagh
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop